German_English_Bilingual_Visual_Dictionary - pdf [a0b10c110]

seeders: 1
leechers: 51
Added on June 11, 2015 by a0b10c110in Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

German_English_Bilingual_Visual_Dictionary - pdf [a0b10c110] (Size: 111.08 MB)
 German_English_Bilingual_Visual_Dictionary_%28DK%29.pdf111.07 MB
 German_English_Bilingual_Visual_Dictionary - cover.jpg10.84 KB
 German_English_Bilingual_Visual_Dictionary - info.txt4.09 KB

Description

German English Bilingual Visual Dictionary (DK Visual Dictionaries)

Newly revised and updated, the German-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary is a quick and intuitive way to learn and recall everyday words in German.
The German-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary introduces a range of useful current vocabulary in thematic order, using full-color photographs and artworks to display and label all the elements of everyday life — from the home and office to sport, music, nature, and the countries of the world — with panel features on key nouns, verbs, and useful phrases.

The German-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary features:

A quick and intuitive way to learn and remember thousands of words.
A complete range of illustrated objects and scenes from everyday life.
Fast and effective learning for any situation, from home and office to shopping and dining out.
Detailed index for instant reference.
Handy size ideal for travel.
The illustrations in the German-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary provide a quick and intuitive route to learning a language, defining the words visually so it is easier to remember them and creating a colorful and stimulating learning resource for the foreign-language and EFL/ESL student.

Product Details

Language: English
ISBN-10: 0756612950
ISBN-13: 978-0756612955

Reviews

Very good and helpful visual dictionary, but I could not give it 5 stars because it lacks the plural form of the nouns. I also wish that the pictures pertained more to German culture. The picture of the textbook showed the textbook with korean writing. There also wasn't any vocabulary of German specific foods.Other than that, I really enjoy this book and I am glad I bought it. The chapters include People, Appearance, Health, Home, Services, Shopping, Food, Eating Out, Study, Work, Transportation, Sports, Leisure, Environment, and Reference(calendar, numbers, and almost all of the countries).

This dictionary appears to be a minature, softcover, two-language version of the Five Language Visual Dictionary sold by DK (Five Language Visual Dictionary). This book is small enough to be called a pocket visual dictionary and has an exceptional variety of clear, well-organized, indexed images.

While some categories, like the human anatomy section, provide detailed vocabulary well beyond my needs, other sections are wanting of some basic classroom vocabulary. Words like binder and binder paper are not included, but I have yet to find another visual dictionary that includes them. The addition of plural forms of nouns would also be a boon, but it is still a great dictionary. I recommend it to my German I students as a means of linking German vocabulary directly to images rather than always translating to English.

The page format is small but the information is excellent, and the smaller size does make it convenient for toting around as needed. Photographs are labeled with both English and German names, and can help one go to a doctor's appointment or attend a kids' activity. I like that the explanatory text is in both languages on the same page - easy to learn from, and that there are both English and German indexes. I expect to add other languages that I work with to my reference collection.

Our relatives, who we visited in Germany, had a similar book, and raved about it, and how helpful it was (their English was fair, better than our German), so we decided to look for something similar. This little book, although not as comprehensive, looks as if it will work very well for our purposes when our German relatives visit us.

Unbelievably useful! You would think a few coloured pictures with their German and English names wouldn't make much of a difference, but it makes learning new vocabulary fun and easier. It is as if your German teacher is sitting beside you and pointing things out. If anything, it is just too easy to spend hours browsing through it, rather than doing serious study. Highly recommended.

This dictionary, gives a visual description for every word. For travelers this would be an excellent reference source, as you can look at the picture, and see the corresponding word for it.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
111.08 MB
seeders:1
leechers:51
German_English_Bilingual_Visual_Dictionary - pdf [a0b10c110]