Genuine 1920 Robert Wiene

seeders: 2
leechers: 2
Added on May 3, 2009 by in Movies
Torrent verified.

Genuine 1920 Robert Wiene (Size: 514.25 MB)
 Genuine.1920.R.Wiene.[43'58''].Dvdrip.XviD-Leoville.avi514.25 MB

Description

The same director, cinematographer and writer of 'The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari' made this subsequent film, 'Genuine.' Likewise, it is also an Expressionist film (one of the few made during Weimar Germany). Additionally, similar to 'Caligari,' the main body of 'Genuine' is framed as a dream. Yet, I wasn't engulfed into the universe of 'Genuine,' as I was with 'Caligari.'

The story, although just as peculiar, isn't as involving, which is unfortunately probably, in part, because the Kino release is only a condensed version. The framing of scenes is just as prosaic and theatrical as that in 'Caligari'--if not more so. As well, the stylized acting seems more overdone and obtrusive this time. But, more importantly, the problem is the sets, which I can't see the entire version improving much upon. The Expressionist set designs are equally strange, with odd angels and geometric shapes. The production, however, leaves too much space open and unfilled, which is the largest reason that 'Genuine' isn't as involving, or captivating, as 'Caligari.'

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
514.25 MB
seeders:2
leechers:2
Genuine 1920 Robert Wiene

Trailer