Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain - George Mahood - [EPUB][N27]

seeders: 6
leechers: 3
Added on May 31, 2016 by N27in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain - George Mahood - [EPUB][N27] (Size: 1.41 MB)
 Free Country - George Mahood.epub1.29 MB
 Cover.jpg118.32 KB

Description

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain

by

George Mahood

Language: English | Format: EPUB | ISBN-10: 1490356665 | ISBN-13: 978-1490356662

Page count: 352 | Date Published: December 18, 2014 | Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Sports & Outdoors, Outdoor Recreation, Sailing, Excursion Guides

CONTENTS

From Day 1 to Day 19

Excerpt:

Day 1 - The adventure begins...

Land's End to Zennor - 16 miles

We were standing in our pants on the end of Britain. The sea chewed at the land around us, and the wind and rain attacked from all angles. We had the skin of freshly plucked turkeys. Cycling 1000 miles to the top of Scotland without any money, clothes, shoes, food or bikes, suddenly felt like a really stupid idea.
Land’s End is frequented by three types of people; disillusioned holidaymakers who imagine that a trip to Britain’s most south-westerly point is a rewarding experience, tourists who arrive there by mistake when they run out of road, and those who are starting or finishing the popular Land’s End to John O’Groats expedition. We fell awkwardly into the latter category.

The plan was simple. We had three weeks to get from the bottom of England to the top of Scotland – by foot or by bike – without spending a single penny. Setting off in just a pair of Union Jack boxer shorts, we hoped to rely on the generosity of the British public to help us with everything from accommodation to food, clothes to shoes, and bikes to beer.

I was working as a photographer at the time. At least, that’s what I told people. I quit my stable, easy and fairly well paid job a few years previously to become a full-time photographer. In truth, I spent my days doing unstable, mundane and badly paid temping jobs in order to pay the bills. The photography jobs did come in very occasionally and they provided me with enough credibility to convince those around me that the decision to leave my job was a wise one. I took a picture of a friend of a friend’s dog the previous month and I had a bar mitzvah booking for the following year. Business was really booming, oh yeah.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.41 MB
seeders:6
leechers:3
Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain - George Mahood - [EPUB][N27]