Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts I, II, & III 5.1 DTS (SBU)

seeders: 1
leechers: 2
Added on August 25, 2012 by rmsk8rin Music
Torrent verified.

Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts I, II, & III 5.1 DTS (SBU) (Size: 1.14 GB)
 Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts I, II & III (Disc 1) - DTS.wav590.98 MB
 Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts I, II, & III (Disc 2) - DTS.wav572.1 MB
 Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts I, II & III (Disc 1) - DTS.cue1.02 KB
 Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts I, II, & III (Disc 2) - DTS.cue689 bytes

Description

Artist: Frank Zappa
Title: Joe's Garage
Source: lossles stereo flac
5.1 Conversion Method: SurroundByUs.com
Type: 5.1 DTS CD (2 discs)
Distribution: torrent

Joe's Garage is a 1979 rock opera by Frank Zappa. Zappa stated that along with Lumpy Gravy, this album was one of his finest achievements.[5] It was originally released as two separate albums, the first comprising Act I, and the second part as a double-album which made up Acts II & III. All three acts were later issued together as a box set, and on compact disc as a double-CD. These two albums are particularly noteworthy for their use of Zappa's xenochrony technique, in which guitar solos from older, completely unrelated recordings were extracted and overdubbed onto new songs.

The albums feature Ike Willis as the voice of "Joe", a stereotypical garage band youth who unwittingly journeys through the miasma of the music business. As well as various other characters, Zappa provides the voice of the "Central Scrutinizer" character—a mechanical voice that narrates the story and haunts Joe's psyche with McCarthyistic 50s-era discouragement and "scrutiny." In his liner notes Zappa also states that the story was inspired by the 1979 Iranian Revolution, which outlawed public musical expression. The story incorporates humorous examinations of various topics, such as groupie migration, sexual repression imposed by the Catholic Church, Scientology, fetishism, struggling musicians and the censorship of music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe's_Garage

Enjoy

DTS-CD info:

This is a 5.1 DTS encoded cd. You burn it just like any other cd (wav and cue file included) but it requires a DTS decoder to playback. Otherwise you will just get a blast of noise (un-decoded DTS)!

Some instructions here: http://www.surroundbyus.com/sbu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15

The short version is you play this in CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, or Game Console, with a DIGITAL connection (SPDIF or HDMI) to a Receiver with a DTS decoder. For DVD, Blu-Ray, Game Console, some settings may be necessary to ensure 44.1 Khz audio is BIT STREAMED to your receiver.

Some software players, such as foobar2000, can also be taught to play back DTS CDs or the included DTS encoded wav and cue files.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.14 GB
seeders:1
leechers:2
Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts I, II, & III 5.1 DTS (SBU)