Added on June 22, 2016 by Fenrissin TV
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: 1080p720p480p

Eureka S02E09 Test (Size: 9.44 GB)
 Eureka S02E09 Source.mkv7.11 GB
 Eureka S02E09 Staxrip.mkv1.6 GB
 Eureka S02E09 Handbreak.mkv742.47 MB

Description

i'm new to encoding and i would like to ask people to download this torrent to test view 2 encodes done on the same episode. the source is ripped from bluray and is about 7GB.

one encode is done with Staxrip which took 32 Hours to complete and is 1.6 GB. i used the FF settings:

--crf 22 --output-depth 10 --rc-grain --qpstep 1 --weightb --lookahead-slices 0 --profile main10 --rd 3 --limit-refs 2 --aq-mode 3 --subme 4 --me 3 --bframes 8 --rc-lookahead 25 --ref 6 --no-strong-intra-smoothing --no-constrained-intra --high-tier

qaac --tvbr 127 --no-dither

the other encode is done with the latest Handbreak Nightly w/ libx265_main10.dll which took 9 hours to complete is 725 MB. i used the with the FF setting:

Video:
Resolution: 1080p Strict
Codec: H.265 10-bit
Framerate: Constant 23.976 fps
Container: mkv
depth: 10-bits
Avg bit rate: 2000
2-Pass Encoding

Filter:
Denoise: hqdn3d weak

Audio:
Codec: AAC
Bitrate: 320
Channel: 5.1

please consider 3 factors when deciding which encode is better: Quality, encode time and size. let me know in the comment section which you think is better. thanks.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
9.44 GB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Eureka S02E09 Test

All Comments

I've made some screenshots from the first minute of this (ignore screenshot 3 from all and 4 from BDRemux):

Handbrake vs Staxrip: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/175758/

BDRemux vs Staxrip: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/175759

From what I can tell, handbrake has a more accurate mapping of the colors whereas Staxrip is keeping more of the detail and grain from the source
thanks!! that was incredibly helpful. didn't know about that site and it really helps sort things out.
you are right about staxrip color. it really came out reddish but more detailed than handbreak.
i am going to rerun the episode in handbreak again but this time i will turn denoise off. maybe it will bring back a picture thats sharper.
Actually colors aren't affected by the GUI or the x265 encoder itself, the uploader has used different filters in different GUIs which is th source of the error, remove those and then an actual comparison can be made, but both GUIs will be using the same x265 encoder so the difference will be in the settings and not the GUIs themselves.