Eric Clapton - While my guitar gently weeps (HQ)(Concert for George).avi

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on May 31, 2013 by zeke23in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

Eric Clapton - While my guitar gently weeps (HQ)(Concert for George).avi (Size: 105.93 MB)
 Eric Clapton - While my guitar gently weeps (HQ)(Concert for George).avi105.93 MB

Description

Eric Patrick Clapton, CBE, (born 30 March 1945) is an English musician, singer-songwriter and guitarist. He is the only three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: once as a solo artist, and separately as a member of the Yardbirds and Cream. Clapton has been referred to as one of the most important and influential guitarists of all time.[1] Clapton ranked second in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time"[2] and fourth in Gibson's "Top 50 Guitarists of All Time".[3]

In the mid-1960s, Clapton departed from the Yardbirds to play blues with John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers. In his one-year stay with Mayall, Clapton gained the nickname "Slowhand". Immediately after leaving Mayall, Clapton joined Cream, a power trio with drummer Ginger Baker and bassist Jack Bruce in which Clapton played sustained blues improvisations and "arty, blues-based psychedelic pop."[4] For most of the 1970s, Clapton's output bore the influence of the mellow style of J.J. Cale and the reggae of Bob Marley. His version of Marley's "I Shot the Sheriff" helped reggae reach a mass market.[5] Two of his most popular recordings were "Layla", recorded by Derek and the Dominos, another band he formed, and Robert Johnson's "Crossroads", recorded by Cream. Following the death of his son Conor in 1991, Clapton's grief was expressed in the song "Tears in Heaven", which featured in his Unplugged album.

A recipient of seventeen Grammy Awards, and the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music, in 2004 Clapton was awarded a CBE at Buckingham Palace for services to music.[6][7][8] In 1998, Clapton, a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, founded the Crossroads Centre on Antigua, a medical facility for recovering substance abusers.[9]

Influences

Clapton cites Freddie King, B.B. King, Albert King, Buddy Guy, and Hubert Sumlin as guitar playing influences. Clapton stated blues musician Robert Johnson to be his single most important influence. In 2004 Clapton released CDs and DVDs entitled Sessions for Robert Johnson, featuring Clapton covering Robert Johnson songs using electric and acoustic guitars.[83]

Clapton co-authored with others the book Discovering Robert Johnson, in which Clapton said Johnson was[84]

"...the most important blues musician who ever lived. He was true, absolutely, to his own vision, and as deep as I have gotten into the music over the last 30 years, I have never found anything more deeply soulful than Robert Johnson. His music remains the most powerful cry that I think you can find in the human voice, really. ... it seemed to echo something I had always felt."

Legacy

Clapton has been referred to as one of the most important and influential guitarists of all time.[1][85][86][87] Clapton is the only three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: once as a solo artist, and separately as a member of The Yardbirds and Cream.[4] He ranked second in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time"[2] and fourth in Gibson's Top 50 Guitarists of All Time.[3]

Guitarists influenced by Clapton include Slash, Allen Collins, Richie Sambora, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gary Moore, Duane Allman, Derek Trucks,[88] Eddie Van Halen, Brian May, Tony Iommi, Lenny Kravitz, Ted Nugent, Orianthi, Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, Jonny Buckland, Joe Don Rooney, Alex Lifeson, Jonny Lang, John Mayer, Joe Satriani, Joe Bonamassa, Davy Knowles, Lindsay Ell,[89] Neal Schon, and Mark Knopfler.

Birth name Eric Patrick Clapton
Also known as Slowhand
Born 30 March 1945 (age 68)
Ripley, Surrey, England
Genres Blues, rock, blues rock, psychedelic rock, hard rock
Occupations Musician, singer-songwriter, record producer, artist
Instruments Vocals, guitar, bass guitar
Years active 1962–present
Labels Surfdog, Warner Bros., Reprise, Polydor, RSO, Atco, Apple,
Associated acts The Yardbirds, John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, Powerhouse, Robert Cray, Cream, Free Creek, the Dirty Mac, Blind Faith, J.J. Cale, the Plastic Ono Band, Santana, Delaney, Bonnie & Friends, Derek and the Dominos, Sheryl Crow, the Beatles, Phil Collins, the Rolling Stones, Kate Bush, Luciano Pavarotti, the Band, Freddie King, B.B. King, Mark Knopfler, Brian Wilson, John Mayer, Roger Waters, Dire Straits, Elton John, Steve Winwood
Website www.ericclapton.com

Thanx YouTube

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
105.93 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Eric Clapton - While my guitar gently weeps (HQ)(Concert for George).avi

All Comments

Thanks for sharing!