Equinox: Secrets of the Psychics (24th August 1997) [VHS Rip (XviD)]

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on September 17, 2009 by in TV
Torrent verified.

Equinox: Secrets of the Psychics (24th August 1997) [VHS Rip (XviD)] (Size: 600.01 MB)
 Secrets of the Psychics.avi600.01 MB

Description

This torrent was uploaded from www.TheBox.bz (signup is open and free) - the home of all British TV

EQUINOX: SECRETS OF THE PSYCHICS

First transmitted 24th August 1997 Channel 4

Are pyschic powers real? Equinox examines the apparent mysteries of psychics past and present.

Uri Geller filed an official complaint to the Broadcasting Standards Commission about this programme, claiming that he had been treated "unjustly and unfairly". The complaint was not upheld. Details are at http://www.openmedia.co.uk/urigeller.htm.

Equinox exposes "Secrets of the Psychics"

A breath of fresh air to skeptics worldwide, the Equinox programme was an exceptional mix of entertaining, educational and skeptical treatment of the history of psychics. Featuring CSICOP fellows Ray Hyman and Susan Blackmore along with many other prominent skeptics, the show covered the history of spiritualism and psychics from the Fox sisters to Uri Geller.

Equinox blended colorful commentary with illuminating dramatizations and explanations of famous mediums and their art of illusion. Equinox also takes the viewer inside the laboratory and shows how easily test subjects may be fooled. This production is likely to become an important future video reference work on the history of spiritualism and psychics.

(From the online newsletter of The Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal)

MPEG2 352x576 PAL 4:3 XviD AVI 600Mb

1hr 18mins colour Source: first-generation off-air VHS

NOTE: I'm afraid that my present internet connection is not terribly fast (I'm lucky if I see 1500/300kbps, and that's on a good day with a following wind) so I'm sorry for any slow seeding, especially between 4pm and midnight.

This is my first upload here, so any comments and tips will be very welcome.

===============================

Some of the other rather spiffing shows available now and always if you signup free @ www.TheBox.bz:

Comedy: The Office, Peep Show, Coupling, Chef, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, The IT Crowd, Brass Eye, Nathan Barley, Young Ones, Monty Python, Blackadder, Alan Partridge, Father Ted, Coupling, Little Britain, Mr Bean, Extras, Green Wing, Mighty Boosh

Drama: Casualty, Holby City, The Bill, Hustle, Skins, Shameless, Ashes To Ashes

Entertainment: Faking It, Derren Brown, Scrapheap Challenge, Strictly Come Dancing, Wife Swap

Game/Quiz Shows: Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Have I Got News For You, Deal Or No Deal (UK), Q.I.

Education/Documentary: Planet Earth, Horizon, Panorama, Mark Thomas (Comedy) Product

Food: Hell's Kitchen, Jamie Oliver, The F Word, Kitchen Nightmares, Masterchef, Great British Menu, Gordon Ramsay's Cookalong

Home/Property/Garden: Property Ladder, How Clean Is Your House?, Changing Rooms, Grand Designs, Homes Under The Hammer, To Buy Or Not To Buy

Motoring: Top Gear, Fifth Gear

Music: Top Of The Pops, Jools Holland, Glastonbury

Reality: Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here!, Any Dream Will Do, Grease, Pop Idol, Wife Swap, X Factor, Badger Or Bust, Apprentice UK, Dragons' Den, Britain's Got Talent

Sci-Fi: Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Torchwood, Primeval

Sport: Football (Soccer), Cricket, Rugby, Snooker, Darts, Formula One (F1GP)

Soaps: Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Neighbours, Hollyoaks

Style/Fashion: What Not To Wear, Project Catwalk

Kids: Teletubbies, Blue Peter, Tikkabilla, Andy Pandy, Postman Pat, Shoebox Zoo, Brum, Bob The Builder, Young Dracula, Sarah Jane Adventures, Shaun The Sheep

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
600.01 MB
seeders:0
leechers:1
Equinox: Secrets of the Psychics (24th August 1997) [VHS Rip (XviD)]