Doom - Doom II - Heretic - Hexen I - Hexen I: Deathkings for Dark Citadel (With Gzdoom and Zdoom ports)

seeders: 0
leechers: 2
Added on July 11, 2016 by cesarmarcanoin Games
Torrent verified.

Description

Zdoom

ZDoom is an enhanced port of the official DOOM source code to Win32. As such, it not only works with (and requires) Windows 95/NT 4.0, but it also adds new features not found in the version published by id Software.

ZDoom may be used and distributed free of charge. No profit may be made from the sale of it.

ZDoom was created by Randy Heit using id Software's and various others' sources.

Why would I want to use ZDoom instead of regular Doom?
Consider all these features that ZDoom has that are not found in the standard Doom originally released by id:

* It runs well under all modern versions of Windows, from Windows 95 to the new Windows Vista. If you have Linux, it works with that too.
* Can play all Doom engine games, including Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Heretic, Hexen, and Strife.
* Supports all the editing features of Hexen. (ACS, hubs, new map format, etc.)
* Supports most of the BOOM editing features.

Many more all-new editing features such as:

* Colored sector lighting.
* Custom monsters, weapons, and items.
* High resolution textures.
* Many, many extensions to ACS that were not present in Hexen.
* More music formats: Ogg Vorbis, MOD, XM, IT, S3M, MIDI, and MP3 as well as old-fashioned MUS all work.
* More sound formats: FLAC and WAVE can both be used for sound effects.
* More texture formats: PNG and JPEG are both useable for artwork.
The vast majority of Doom limits are gone.
* An OPL softsynth is provided that can play the standard MUS music for an authentic "oldschool" flavor.
* Free look (look up/down).
* Higher resolutions.
* Translucency (regular and additive).
* A console.
* Full-featured joystick/gamepad support under Windows.
* Up to 8 player network games using UDP/IP, including team-based gameplay.
* Support for the Bloodbath announcer from the classic Monolith game Blood.
* Quake-style key bindings.
* Jumping.
* Crosshairs.
* Walk over/under monsters and other things.

====

GZdoom (Open Gl Zdoom)

GZDoom is a Doom source port based on ZDoom. It features an OpenGL renderer and lots of new features, among them:
* 3D floors
* Dynamic lights
* Quake2/Unreal style skyboxes
* True color texture support
* Model support (limited at the moment)
* It also contains many bug fixes not present in the most recent ZDoom versions.

What version of ZDoom is GZDoom based on?

It was originally based on the 2.0.96x community build but it has integrated all new features and bug fixes from 2.0.98.

I can't use or don't like OpenGL rendering. Is this still worth the download?

Sure. GZDoom still contains the complete software renderer. The only limitations are that you can't use 3D floors, dynamic lights, Q2 style skyboxes and True color textures. In effect you get ZDoom with all the bug fixes and non-renderer specific new features. That includes complete .96x DECORATE support including inventory items and weapons.

I want to create levels with custom DECORATE inventory items and weapons. Regular ZDoom still doesn't support them. Am I in danger of losing potential players because they can't or won't run OpenGL?

No. As long as you don't use any GL-specific features your WAD will run perfectly with GZDoom's software renderer and since that is the same as ZDoom's it should run on any system that supports ZDoom. As of version 0.9.28 it is possible to disable the entire OpenGL subsystem in the menu so that the engine behaves as if it wasn't there at all.

INSTALLATION:

NOTE: Contain WAD's files preinstalled beneath within RAR files.

1) Create directory C:GAMEZDOOM_PACK
2) Unpack (or uncompress) the file: Zdoom PACK (Intel-Nvidia-Radeon).7z
3) Uncompres the RAR files:

* Zdoom (Includes GZdoom for INTEL Graphics).rar -->> For intel graphics (includes Laptop models for Intel 3000/4000/5000/6000 series integrated graphics models laptop computer), savage S3, etc. Beneath the rar are:

- gzdoom-bin-1-9-1 contains for OpenGL v2.0 for Intel Graphics integrated by laptops models (economy prices), Intel Graphics models 3000 thru 5000; some very rare for Intel Graphic Model 6000 thru 8000 should be works.

- zdoom-2.8.1 contains without OpenGL, are a classic.

* Zdoom (For NVIDIA and RADEON).rar -->> For NVIDIA and AMD RADEON graphics cards (including laptops models with NVIDIA and RADEON integrated)

- gzdoom-bin-2-1-1 Contains OpenGL for 32 bits machines (i.e.: Win 7 x86)

- gzdoom-bin-2-1-1-x64 Contains OpenGL for 64 bits machines, including Windows 10.

4) Enjoy! (EYE!: It's depend working version of gzdoom or zdoom)

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
167.39 MB
seeders:0
leechers:2
Doom - Doom II - Heretic - Hexen I - Hexen I: Deathkings for Dark Citadel (With Gzdoom and Zdoom ports)