Dexter Gordon - Gettin' Around [Music Matters 2LP 45RPM rip 24-96]

seeders: 0
leechers: 29
Added on January 19, 2016 by CDDH-75019in Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Dexter Gordon - Gettin' Around [Music Matters 2LP 45RPM rip 24-96] (Size: 860.22 MB)
 03 Heartaches.flac173.8 MB
 01 Manha De Carnaval.flac165.67 MB
 06 Le Coiffeur.flac152.62 MB
 04 Shiny Stockings.flac138.82 MB
 05 Everybody's Somebody's Fool.flac127.17 MB
 02 Who Can I Turn To.flac102.1 MB
 folder.jpg43.26 KB

Description

Of the many bebop greats who emerged in the mid-1940s, Dexter Gordon was one of the very few (along with Art Blakey and Kenny Dorham) to be a Blue Note artist two decades later. His large sound, ability to play long solos with creativity, and infectiously swinging style made Long Tall Dexter an irresistible force for many years. He fit into the hard bop world as effortlessly as he did in bop and swing settings, infusing the music with humorous song quotes, rousing ideas, and his wonderful tone. No one could out swing Gordon. He had no difficulty keeping up with such younger players as Bobby Hutcherson, Barry Harris and Billy Higgins on 1965's Getting' Around. Dexter's passionate sound the ballads "Everybody's Somebody's Fool" and "Who Can I Turn To" and his drive on "Shiny Stockings" (one of the very few times that this Count Basie-associated song was recorded by a small group) makes Getting' Around memorable from start to finish, demonstrating that Dexter Gordon and the Blue Note label were a magical combination.

Musicians:
Dexter Gordon, tenor sax
Bobby Hutcherson, vibes
Barry Harris, piano
Bob Cranshaw, bass
Billy HIggins, drums

Selections:
1. Manha De Carnaval
2. Who Can I Turn To
3. Heartaches
4. Shiny Stockings
5. Everybody's Somebody's Fool
6. Le Coiffeur

"The albums are being cut at 45 RPM for maximum quality by Kevin Gray and me using our full ANALOG disk cutting system; most studios cannot even cut vinyl in 100% true analog anymore (they convert to digital first) but we can. The original Rudy Van Gelder engineered stereophonic session tapes are used when we master these gems. The sound quality is amazing on our test cuts. Like from heaven. First totally uncompressed versions of these jazz classics that I’ve ever heard and trust me, you will be impressed; they sound like no other releases of this music."

"The sound is lifelike, the horns are in the room with you. Our non-invasive mastering insures the true breath of life on these original Van Gelder session tapes is transferred to the virgin vinyl with absolute authenticity. It is like hearing these BLUE NOTE masterpieces for the first time and that is NO exaggeration. When we heard the first lacquer acetate playback from our first mastering session I thought Joe Harley was going to pee in his pants he was so excited. Actually we all were; after 50 years of many lackluster and some downright bad sounding versions of these albums, hearing the real deal is a humbling experience, even for us hardened music veterans. You will be able to listen to the music exactly like we did..."

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
860.22 MB
seeders:0
leechers:29
Dexter Gordon - Gettin' Around [Music Matters 2LP 45RPM rip 24-96]