DC.Moments.in.Time.1of8.Famine.to.Freedom.The.Great.Irish.Journey.XviD.AC3.MVGroup.org.avi

seeders: 4
leechers: 2
Added on October 8, 2011 by MVGroupin TV
Torrent verified.

DC.Moments.in.Time.1of8.Famine.to.Freedom.The.Great.Irish.Journey.XviD.AC3.MVGroup.org.avi (Size: 815.23 MB)
 DC.Moments.in.Time.1of8.Famine.to.Freedom.The.Great.Irish.Journey.XviD.AC3.MVGroup.org.avi815.23 MB

Description

Discovery Channel series looking at key dates in history and the days before and after them. 'Moments in Time' blends history, archaeology, and vivid re-enactments to recount decisive moments in world history. Hosted by James Woods, the series presents the political and social contexts of events ranging from the first permanent English settlement in America to the first slave revolt in Caribbean history to Napoleon's plan for conquering Russia. Each program highlights an archaeological dig of a site related to the event, connecting modern research with primary source material for a multifaceted view of history.

'Moments in Time' uses computer graphics and dramatic re-creations to evoke the times and sensations around key events in history, from the fall of Napoleon to the affair between Roman general Marc Anthony and Queen Cleopatra.

The series shows us that historic dates often reflect the final chapters in key events of world history : the battle at Actium in 31 B.C., the spread of the plague from Black Sea to Europe in 1347, the founding of Jamestown in 1607 and the battle of the Valley Forge in 1778.

Narrator: James Woods
Executive Producer: Stephen J.Eder
Pruduced by Terra Nova TeIevision for Discovey Channel
Executive Producer For Discovery Channel : Tomi Bednor Landis

2003 Discovery Communications, Inc

Episode 1 : Famine to Freedom - The Great Irish Journey
During the years known as "the great hunger", half a million families in rural Ireland were forcibly evicted from their homes. The devastation and the loss of family members was just about unparalleled. The force behind this disaster was a deadly biological agent, a pathogen so strong that it had the power to take out the potato crop of a whole Country in just one month!

The Great Irish Potato Famine of 1845-51 saw an estimated 1.2 million people die of starvation and disease, and another 1.5 million emigrate to other countries such as Canada and the United States, which proved another hardship in its own right. Indeed the conditions on the ships were so harsh many didn't make it across the Atlantic alive.

The Irish Potato Famine was a moment in time that changed the face of the old world forever. Today, archeologists uncover this hidden story; a fragment of forgotten horror, a relic from a catastrophe that left over a million dead.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
815.23 MB
seeders:4
leechers:2
DC.Moments.in.Time.1of8.Famine.to.Freedom.The.Great.Irish.Journey.XviD.AC3.MVGroup.org.avi

All Comments

Good Picture & Sound
Good Picture & Sound
good show thanks for upload
wow coming in slow!!! will reseed for a week so there are more copies
Good of you to suggest a link for more info. :) All I know is that the famine led to immigration to Canada (where I'm from) and the US--Other than that I don't know much about this period of Irish history, so was interested in this documentary. I'll go take a look at your suggested site once I've watched this, and thanks for posting it!