09 dig me a hole.mp34.34 MB
 02 i dont need no man.mp34.26 MB
 03 tired of this life.mp34.19 MB
 05 private little hell.mp33.79 MB
 11 goodnight lover.mp33.77 MB
 08 toy piano.mp32.1 MB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.com.txt47 bytes

Description

Folksy and twee, Dawn Landes plays bluegrass-inflected indie-pop with a country twang and a wink. This 2007 album was recorded in a week at Adam "Red" Lasus's legendary Fireproof studio in Red Hook, Brooklyn, and the album is an aural stand-in for the Brooklyn neighborhood: charming, low-key, semi-obscure, with a similar diamond : rough ratio.

Spin (p.106) - 3.5 stars out of 5 -- "Landes' voice is buttery and melodic....Her New York-by-way-of-Kentucky pluck is a refreshing antidote to schmaltzy neo-folk."

Uncut (p.86) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "Landes propels the whole project skyward with a voice that encapsulates the best qualities of Laura Veirs and Cat Power. It's pretty much essential stuff."

Q (Magazine) (p.96) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "nderstated and beautiful, her soft voice lilting over acoustic guitar, banjo and little else on warm-hearted ballads..."

Paste (magazine) (p.56) - "Landes writes her best songs from the seat of the aimless dreamer and paints her surroundings with an inviting haze of solace."

The Word (magazine) (p.101) - "It makes for a lovingly crafted, beautifully textured record that splices together folk, country and indie without contradiction. And there are plenty of surprises along the way..."

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
56 MB
seeders:4
leechers:0
Dawn Landes - Fireproof