David Bowie - Glastonbury 2000-06-25 Proshot [DVDRIP] [PAL] [VHS Transfer]

seeders: 8
leechers: 1
Added on January 26, 2016 by spaceziggyin Movies > Concerts
Torrent verified.

David Bowie - Glastonbury 2000-06-25 Proshot [DVDRIP] [PAL] [VHS Transfer] (Size: 720.13 MB)
 david_bowie_live_glastonbury_festival_2000.mp4720.13 MB

Description

This is a reupload from here.

Artist: David Bowie
Date: 25th June 2000
Venue: Main Stage, Glastonbury Festival, England
Broadcast: BBC TV 25th June 2000
Author: kosher (with caveats noted below!)
Video Source: VHS Tape
Lineage Recording: Sorry, long forgotten...mono? analogue.
Lineage Transfer: JVC HR-S5955 S-VHS > Lite-On LVW-1108-HC Standalone, HQ Mode > DG Index > AVISynth > TMPEGENC > TMPGEnc DVD Author 3
Menu: Yes, basic song select.
Chapters: Yes, intuitive, song selection
Transfer Rate: VBR ~6.0Mbps
Format 720x576i, 25fps, PAL
Audio Track 1: Dolby Digital AC3, 48kHz 256 kbps*
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (letterboxed)
Number of discs: 1
Disc Type: DVD5
Notes:
* Audio from standalone recorder was re-encoded to allow fades. Original source tape appears to be mono but only one of my ears is currently working! You Tell Me
A little softening, darkening, smoothing and cropping were applied through AVISynth. Nothing too drastic but enough to reduce the grainy nature of the source tape. Sadly, I was unable to improve the colour saturation during the very "blue" bits and the tape is not in the best condition to start with. A little shaky at first but soon settles down.
Track 1 Setlist:
1. Intro
2. Wild Is The Wind
3. China Girl
4. Changes
5. Stay
6. Life On Mars
7. Ziggy Stardust
8. Heroes
Track 2:
(From Paul's info file)
(Audio)Broadcast on 28th April 2008 by BBC 6Music for "Live at Midnight"
**[BBC 6Music is a digital only broadcast with no FM transmission. Bit rate on
DAB radio is 128kbps, DVB-T and Digital Satellite 160kbps. As these are lossy
radio transmissions they have not been bloated to flac, following DIME
guidelines.]**
DVB-T (160kbps / 48Khz) > Nebula DigiTV > Hard Disk MP2 > mp3DirectCut
More Notes:
These audio tracks were uploaded to Dime by paul_b35_uk in the native mp2 stream format. (Many Thanks Paul!) To include them on this DVD and to use minimal transcoding, a simple black matte mpeg file was made and muxed with each individual mp2. These were then rearranged into the correct show order rather than the broadcast order. The resulting edits may sound a little odd but personally, I prefer it in show order and with the exception of a small jump in Rebel Rebel (in the torrent from Dime), I am happy with the result. You can always reauthor to suit yourselves Alternatively, skip VTS_02 VOBs and just grab the video bits
There is a little bloating by doing this...about 75MB which is about the same as converting the mp2 stream to mp3 but without introducing further lossiness.
Track 2 Setlist:
1. China Girl
2. Changes
3. Life On Mars
4. Ashes To Ashes
5. Rebel Rebel
6. Little Wonder
7. Fame
8. The Man Who Sold The World
9. Starman
10. Hallo Spaceboy
11. Ziggy Stardust
12. I'm Afraid Of Americans
Even More Notes:
This project falls a long way short of the standard that I would prefer to be offering. However, after looking through all of my DVDs with this particular footage, I find that I don't have a good copy anywhere. In the absence of anything better being offered, I'll put this up with love, warts and all.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
720.13 MB
seeders:8
leechers:1
David Bowie - Glastonbury 2000-06-25 Proshot [DVDRIP] [PAL] [VHS Transfer]