Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks - Original Recordings (1969) mp3@256 {1337x}-kawli

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on September 26, 2011 by xbein Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks - Original Recordings (1969) mp3@256 {1337x}-kawli (Size: 75.84 MB)
 01. Canned Music.mp37.49 MB
 02. How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away.mp34.88 MB
 03. I Scare Myself.mp39.72 MB
 04. Shorty Takes A Dive.mp35.85 MB
 05. Evenin' Breeze.mp37.22 MB
 06. Waiting For The 103.mp36.86 MB
 07. Shorty Falls In Love.mp36.22 MB
 08. Milk Shakin' Mama.mp37.62 MB
 09. Slow Movin'.mp35.79 MB
 10. It's Bad Grammar, Baby.mp34.65 MB
 11. Jukies' Ball.mp39.52 MB
 1337x.Org.txt24 bytes
 blazinseedboxes.com.txt83 bytes
 Cover.jpg6.83 KB

Description

Singer-songwriter Dan Hicks is truly an American original. Since the early 1960s, Hicks has deftly blended elements of Rock-abilly, Jazz, Country and Rock music with a touch of 60s psychedelia and humor in the mix to create an appealing sound best described as Psych-a-billy/jazz/rock fusion.

Dan Hicks was born December 9, 1941 in Little Rock, Arkansas, the son of a career military man. The family moved to California when Dan was about five, eventually settling in what was then the small city of Santa Rosa, some 50 miles north of San Francisco.

The lyrics of his songs range from the simply sublime to the sublimely ridiculous, all presented with his uniquely skewed and inscrutable touch. Dan's irresistible sense of rhythm, hip lyrical styling, laid-back vocalizing, and infamous on-stage wit will make most who listen fans for life. He's a snappy dresser, too.

In the spring of 1965, Dan became the drummer for a nascent San Francisco band called The Charlatans, who at that time were more of a concept than an actual working band. They did, however, find employment that summer as the house band at the newly-opened Red Dog Saloon in Virginia City, Nevada. The popular hallucinogen-fueled dances held at the Red Dog were the direct inspiration for the legendary psychedelic San Francisco dancehall scene that blossomed shortly thereafter.

Dan had other ideas about the kind of music he wanted to make, and began putting together an acoustic combo which included two female backup singers, who were dubbed "Lickettes". Billed as Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks, the group began as an opening act for The Charlatans. However, Dan soon left the Charlatans and focused his energy on the Hot Licks.

Their efforts resulted in a recording contract with Epic Records. "Original Recordings" was released in 1969, but Epic's promotion of the album and the group was lackluster, and it was not a commercial success. The first Hot Licks line-up lasted until 1971 and then disintegrated. Dan Hicks has continued on to perform with various reincarnations of his Hot Licks band to the present day.

Tracklist:

Side 1
Canned Music
How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?
I Scare Myself
Shorty Takes A Dive
Evenin' Breeze

Side 2
Waitin' For The "103"
Shorty Falls In Love
Milk Shakin' Mama
Slow Movin'
It's Bad Grammar, Baby
Jukies' Ball

Personnel:
Dan Hicks – vocal, rhythm guitar, harmonica, drums
Jon Weber – lead guitar
Sid Page – violin
Sherry Snow – vocal
Christina Viola Gancher – vocal, celeste, piano
Jaime Leopold – bull fiddle

Media Info:
Japan papersleeve 24 bit Remastered CD (1991)
Bitrate: 256 kbps
Channels: joint stereo
Samplerate: 44100
Encoder: LAME 3.97
MPEG-1 layer 3
MUCH Peace n luv to my friends at 1337x and blazinseedboxes

you can listen to tunes like these and more 24/7 on 1337x radio
the ministry of piracy at http://1337x.net/0-radio.php

ENJOY!!

**tyvm georgieH who left this where it could be shared

Torrent originally Uploaded By kawliga55 @http://1337x.org/1337x

Sharing Widget