Court-Martial: How Military Justice Has Shaped America from the Revolution to 9/11 and Beyond (2016) by Chris Bray.epub [Dr.Soc]

seeders: 16
leechers: 4
Added on May 19, 2016 by Dr.Soc.in Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Court-Martial: How Military Justice Has Shaped America from the Revolution to 9/11 and Beyond (2016) by Chris Bray.epub [Dr.Soc] (Size: 483.34 KB)
 Court-Martial How Military Justice Has Shaped America by Chris Bray.epub483.34 KB

Description

If the regular download link does not work,
Please use magnet link (inverted u-shaped icon) for all my uploads.

For any problem with my uploads or trouble with downloading, please PM me. Thanks.

Court-Martial: How Military Justice Has Shaped America from the Revolution to 9/11 and Beyond by Chris Bray
English | 2016 | ISBN: 0393243400 | 416 pages | EPUB | 0.5 MB

In his first book, a former infantry sergeant-turned-historian surveys more than 200 years of the administration of American military justice. . . . A thoroughly impressive debut.” (Kirkus Reviews, starred review)

A timely, provocative account of how military justice has shaped American society since the nation's beginnings.
With a great eye for narrative, historian Chris Bray (himself a former soldier) tells the sweeping story of military justice from the institution of the court martial in the earliest days of the Republic to contemporary arguments over how to use military courts to try foreign terrorists or soldiers accused of sexual assault. Bray recounts the stories of famous American court martials, including those involving President Andrew Jackson, Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, Lt. Jackie Robinson, and Pvt. Eddie Slovik; he explores how encounters of freed slaves with the military justice system during the Civil War anticipated the Civil Rights movement; and he explains how the Uniform Code of Military Justice came about after World War II. Throughout, he shows that the separate justice system of the armed forces has often served as a proxy for America's ongoing arguments over equality, privacy, discrimination, security, and liberty.

Seed, Share, Gain knowledge || Don't forget to give thumbs up

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
483.34 KB
seeders:16
leechers:4
Court-Martial: How Military Justice Has Shaped America from the Revolution to 9/11 and Beyond (2016) by Chris Bray.epub [Dr.Soc]