Cooking the Caribbean Way

seeders: 23
leechers: 3
Added on December 4, 2014 by a0b10c110in Books > Textbooks
Torrent verified.

Cooking the Caribbean Way (Size: 5.47 MB)
 Cooking the Caribbean Way.pdf5.45 MB
 Cooking the Caribbean Way - cover.jpg16.04 KB
 Cooking the Caribbean Way - info.txt1.52 KB

Description

Presents a history of Caribbean cooking and recipes for daily menus.

Product Details

Series: Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbooks
Publisher: Lerner Publications; Rev Exp edition (March 2002)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0822541033
ISBN-13: 978-0822541035

Reviews

This is a charming little book, and only one in an entire JUVENILE series: Easy Menu Ethnic Cooking the Whatever Way.
The whole point of this series is to introduce juveniles to other cultures, traditions, regions, and cuisines. And to get them into the kitchen, cooking, and some idea of good nutrition. So of course the material is basic and straightforward. Frankly, I think these are delightful introductions to a foreign culture and cuisine even for adults.
I'm also thrilled to see that many books in this series have been, or are being updated, to include lower fat and vegetarian options.
I highly recommend this series for anyone wanting to broaden their children's tastes, and get them cooking.

There is part in this book that states "In Puerto Rico, pasteles, packets of cornmeal and meat wrapped in banana leaves, are popular Christmas treats.", Well you are correct that Pasteles are one of our Christmas meals. They aren't made out of "Cornmeal", they are made from tubers, vegtables, green banana's. If they were made from cornmeal, it wouldn't make them pasteles, it would make them "Tamales" which pasteles aren't. I speak from experience, because my cultural background is Puerto Rican and I have been eating pasteles my whole life.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
5.47 MB
seeders:23
leechers:3