Confessin a Feeling -Sly, Slick ,Wicked - 1996 [R&B] [320Mps] [mrtude42]

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on May 22, 2013 by mrtude42in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Confessin a Feeling -Sly, Slick ,Wicked - 1996 [R&B] [320Mps] [mrtude42] (Size: 99.04 MB)
 00. Slick & Wicked Sly - Confessin' a Feeling.nfo2.16 KB
 AlbumArt_{0EA78229-C62B-435D-A614-3EDFF1F27A72}_Large.jpg11.65 KB
 AlbumArt_{0EA78229-C62B-435D-A614-3EDFF1F27A72}_Small.jpg2.59 KB
 AlbumArtSmall.jpg2.59 KB
 bio.txt712 bytes
 CD Cover.jpg61.91 KB
 Confessin' a Feeling [Live].mp311.92 MB
 folder.jpg11.65 KB
 I Guess That Don't Make Me a Loser.mp37.31 MB
 I'm Just an Averrage Guy.mp38.85 MB
 info.txt4.52 KB
 It Ain't No Big Thing.mp36.85 MB
 REVIEW.txt1.67 KB
 Somebody Please-Slick & Wicked Sly.mp310.67 MB
 Special Girl.mp310.32 MB
 Strange Feelings.mp36.73 MB
 That Day When She Needed Me.mp36.42 MB
 The Sly, the Slick and the Wicked.mp37.43 MB
 Thin Line Between Love and Hate.mp38.09 MB
 What Time Is It.mp37.92 MB
 You've Got the Makings of a Love.mp36.44 MB

Description

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Slick & Wicked Sly - Confessin' a Feeling

Bio From Wikipedia

Sly, Slick & Wicked are a rhythm and blues band from Cleveland, Ohio that have been active since 1970. Members were John Wilson (Sly), Charles Still (Slick) and Mark Saxton (Wicked) (was replaced by Terry Stubbs in 1972). Their song "Stay My Love" was a Top Ten rhythm-and-blues song in 1971, and Polydor issued a 1972 follow-up, "It's Not Easy." On the strength of these recordings, James Brown asked them to work for People Records, a sublabel of Polydor run by Brown.

They were awarded the Men of Motown Award from the Motown Museum in 2003, and were inducted into the Motown Alumni Association Hall of Fame. In 2004, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame added the group to its permanent display.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review from allmusic.com
by Andrew Hamilton

Harmony lovers will love this throwback by Sly, Slick & Wicked (SSW), despite some flaws, it's as refreshing as a cold citrus drink on a hot humid day. This is a different group than the SSW who recorded for Ju-Par & People Records. This SSW formed in Los Angeles, CA, Thomas Hawkins a.k.a. Sonny Daye handles most of the leads, backed by Larry Lewis, and Donny Everheart. Eddy Stovall & Freddie D. Holiday supplies additional vocals in the studio.

They debuted in the sixties and released "Confessin' A Feeling" in 1972, it did well in the Southwest, especially among Chicanos. The updated live version captures them serenading the ladies. Overall, the productions lack the tightness and intensity of the originals, and SSW often flubbed lyrics. But Charles Crews (producer) always manages to captures the essence of these arresting ballads, keeping the orchestration sparse, and never allowing anything to overshadow the vocals.

The tempo on "Ain't No Big Thing" is faster than the original, and SSW can't compete with the Radiants' crisp, gospel inspired harmonies, but it will do until someone releases a CD by the Radiants. "That Day When She Needed Me," originally done by the Contours, lacks Motown's touch, but SSW does justice to the slinky, doo wop ballad. Credits list Hunter/ Stevenson, but Smokey Robinson actually composed the song.

They excel on "Strange Feeling," a minor hit for Billy Stewart, the Persuaders' "Thin Line Between Love and Hate," the Masqueraders' "I Ain't Got To Love Nobody Else," and delivers a silky rendition of Lost Generation's "Sly, Slick & Wicked." The pluses far outweigh the minus, on Confessing a Feeling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tracklisting

Confessin' a Feeling [Live]
Guess That Don't Make Me a Loser
I'm Just an Averrage Guy
It Ain't No Big Thing
Somebody Please
Special Girl
Strange Feelings
That Day When She Needed Me
The Sly, the Slick and the Wicked
Thin Line Between Love and Hate
What Time Is It?
You've Got the Makings of a Lover

Artist...............: Slick & Wicked Sly
Album................: Confessin' a Feeling
Genre................: Rock
Source...............: CD
Year.................: 1996
Ripper...............: EAC (Secure mode) / LAME 3.92 & Asus CD-S520
Codec................: LAME 3.82
Version..............: MPEG 1 Layer III
Quality..............: Insane, (avg. bitrate: 320kbps)
Channels.............: Stereo / 44100 hz
Tags.................: ID3 v1.1, ID3 v2.3
Information..........: http://www.allmusic.com/album/confessin-a-feeling-mw0000084273
Ripped by............: Mrtude42 on 5/21/2013
Posted by............: Mrtude42 on 5/21/2013
Included.............: NFO
Covers...............: Front
Playing Time.........: 00:42:34
Total Size...........: 98.94 MB

NFO generated on.....: 5/21/2013 5:28:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated by Music NFO Builder

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
99.04 MB