Clive James On Television - New Year Special (1st January 1988) WebRip (MPEG)

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on May 31, 2009 by in TV
Torrent verified.

Clive James On Television - New Year Special (1st January 1988) WebRip (MPEG) (Size: 610.52 MB)
 Clive James On Television - 1st January 1988.mp4610.52 MB

Description

This torrent was uploaded from www.TheBox.bz (signup is open and free) - the home of all British TV

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8057/clive.jpg

NOTE BEFORE DOWNLOADING: INCOMPLETE - the final few minutes are missing owning to the tape getting to the end.

Transmission date - 1st January 1988 (9pm).

The quality of the video is weak and the picture size appears under 4 different frames!

'Clive James On Television' (1982-1988) is one of my favourite programmes that saw critic/journalist/presenter Clive James introduce Britain to the television of the world.

This particular episode was to be James' last, due to his switch to the BBC later that year. The show is most famous for it's coverage on a very unknown Japanese gameshow called 'Endurance', which saw competators endure pain each round until one was left standing (sadly, there's no clips of the show in this episode).

At the height of it's popularity the show ended. Keith Floyd took the role over in 1989 for 'Floyd On TV' and ran for one series. But when Chris Tarrant joined on for 'Tarrant On TV' from 1990 to 1992, it took time for the format to get back to normal and Tarrant was reluctant to move the show to the new age. So it returned in 1996 and saw a surprisengly high amount of viewing figures, it eventually ended in 2006.

This rip was given to me by a friend, I believe the same one is on YouTube and the quality is not impressive, but worth while.

The advert breaks are intact in the show, starting from the beginning - with a trailer for 'London's Burning'.

Tell me what you think of this show???

Name.........: Clive James On Television - 1st January 1988.mp4
Filesize.....: 610 MB (640,172,301 bytes)
Runtime......: 00:54:06
Video Codec..: MPEG Movie (MP4)
Video Bitrate..(kbps): 730
Audio Codec..: MP3
Audio Bitrate: 24 c/h, stereo
frame Size...: 384x288
Aspect Ratio..: 1.200

===============================

Some of the other rather spiffing shows available now and always if you signup free @ www.TheBox.bz:

Comedy: The Office, Peep Show, Coupling, Chef, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, The IT Crowd, Brass Eye, Nathan Barley, Young Ones, Monty Python, Blackadder, Alan Partridge, Father Ted, Coupling, Little Britain, Mr Bean, Extras, Green Wing, Mighty Boosh

Drama: Casualty, Holby City, The Bill, Hustle, Skins, Shameless, Ashes To Ashes

Entertainment: Faking It, Derren Brown, Scrapheap Challenge, Strictly Come Dancing, Wife Swap

Game/Quiz Shows: Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Have I Got News For You, Deal Or No Deal (UK)

Education/Documentary: Planet Earth, Horizon, Panorama, Mark Thomas (Comedy) Product

Food: Hell's Kitchen, Jamie Oliver, The F Word, Kitchen Nightmares, Masterchef, Great British Menu, Gordon Ramsay's Cookalong

Home/Property/Garden: Property Ladder, How Clean Is Your House?, Changing Rooms, Grand Designs, Homes Under The Hammer, To Buy Or Not To Buy

Motoring: Top Gear, Fifth Gear

Music: Top Of The Pops, Jools Holland

Reality: Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here!, Any Dream Will Do, Grease, Pop Idol, Wife Swap, X Factor, Badger Or Bust, Apprentice UK, Dragons' Den

Sci-Fi: Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Torchwood

Sport: Football (Soccer), Cricket, Rugby, Snooker, Darts, Formula One (F1GP)

Soaps: Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Neighbours, Hollyoaks

Style/Fashion: What Not To Wear, Project Catwalk

Kids: Teletubbies, Blue Peter, Tikkabilla, Andy Pandy, Postman Pat, Shoebox Zoo, Brum, Bob The Builder, Young Dracula, Sarah Jane Adventures, Shaun The Sheep

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
610.52 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Clive James On Television - New Year Special (1st January 1988) WebRip (MPEG)