Clinical_Microbiology_Made_Ridiculously_Simple - pdf [a0b10c110]

seeders: 24
leechers: 3
Added on September 29, 2015 by a0b10c110in Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Clinical_Microbiology_Made_Ridiculously_Simple - pdf [a0b10c110] (Size: 13.11 MB)
 Mark_Gladwin_Bill_Trattler-Clinical_Microbiology_Made_Ridiculously_Simple,_Edition_3(2004).pdf13.06 MB
 Clinical_Microbiology_Made_Ridiculously_Simple, - cover.jpg43.88 KB
 Clinical_Microbiology_Made_Ridiculously_Simple, - info.txt2.78 KB

Description

Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple, Edition 3

Product Details

Language: English

ISBN-10: 0940780496

ISBN-13: 978-0940780491

A brief, clear, thorough, and highly enjoyable approach to clinical microbiology, brimming with mnemonics, humor, summary charts and illustrations, from AIDS to "flesh-eating bacteria" to ebola, mad cow disease, hantavirus, anthrax, smallpox, botulism, etc. Excellent Board review.

Reviews

When I received this book, I was not sure what to make of it. Rather than seriously examining key points of organisms with illustrations to show how mechanisms worked, the book is packed with mnemonics and weired cartoons meant to help you remember what you need to know for the boards (for instance, Chlamydia has a "clam" necklace; Salmonella is shown as a salmon hanging out and smoking a cigar in a gallbladder to remind you that's where chronic Salmonella carriers retain the bug).

I grew to appreciate these stupid cartoons, as I did remember stuff I would have otherwise forgotten. If you are burning out, this is a good resource!

This is not a real textbook, however. You get a guerilla introduction to some basics, but the presentation of material is not as systematic as a text. At the end of each chapter is a chart to summarize the information presented, but the font is tiny and I never bothered using it.

I would recommend checking this book out to see if the book's style works for you. If it does, this is a good way to study microbiology even if you are tired and sick of studying for Step I. If it does not, there are plenty of more standard texts and reviews to choose.

This text will give you a good review of clinical microbiology. The information is geared towards the medical student. Important facts are presented in a easy-to-memorize manner which gives the student what is needed to pass exams. This is not meant to be a textbook on clinical microbiology and therefore one should not expect cogent narratives. However, if you are over 50 like myself; make sure you have your reading glasses or magnifiers handy. The font size is quite small and the print could have been a little darker. Also you may find parts of the book a bit too flippant but remind yourself that this is supposed to be a review text.

Well worth your time. I didn't discover this book until half way through my Microbio. course as a MSII. I wish I had it for the whole course because it was truly that useful. It gives you clever ways to categorize and memorize everything. I had professors that would jump around a lot and I would get confused, Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple helped me so much!

I'm going to use it to study for Step 1 and a lot of my friends are using it as well. It will even help with the pharm sections as they go over what kills these little critters.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
13.11 MB
seeders:24
leechers:3
Clinical_Microbiology_Made_Ridiculously_Simple - pdf [a0b10c110]