Chess History Books (Sirius and Rigel-Starhome)

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on May 25, 2016 by starhomein Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Chess History Books (Sirius and Rigel-Starhome) (Size: 1.11 GB)
 A History of Chess from Chaturanga to the Present Day by Yuri Averbakh (Rigel and...65.32 MB
 A History of Chess from Chaturanga to the Present Day by Yuri Averbakh (Rigel and...16.41 MB
 A History of Chess from Chaturanga to the Present Day by Yuri Averbakh (Rigel and...70 MB
 A History of Chess from Chaturanga to the Present Day by Yuri Averbakh (Rigel and...70.34 MB
 Chess Sets by F. Lanier Graham (Sirius-Starhome) [1968] [NF].cbr50.8 MB
 Chess Sets by F. Lanier Graham (Sirius-Starhome) [1968] [NF].epub14.05 MB
 Chess Sets by F. Lanier Graham (Sirius-Starhome) [1968] [NF].mobi43.83 MB
 Chess Sets by F. Lanier Graham (Sirius-Starhome) [1968] [NF].pdf54.82 MB
 Chess Variations: Ancient, Regional, and Modern by John Gollon (Sirius-Starhome) [1968] [NF].cbr162.26 MB
 Chess Variations: Ancient, Regional, and Modern by John Gollon (Sirius-Starhome) [1968] [NF].epub77.28 MB
 Chess Variations: Ancient, Regional, and Modern by John Gollon (Sirius-Starhome) [1968] [NF].mobi66.13 MB
 Chess Variations: Ancient, Regional, and Modern by John Gollon (Sirius-Starhome) [1968] [NF].pdf169.69 MB
 The Lewis Chessmen (British Museum Objects in Focus) by James Robinson (Sirius-Starhome) [2004]...45.59 MB
 The Lewis Chessmen (British Museum Objects in Focus) by James Robinson (Sirius-Starhome) [2004]...11.48 MB
 The Lewis Chessmen (British Museum Objects in Focus) by James Robinson (Sirius-Starhome) [2004]...30.99 MB
 The Lewis Chessmen (British Museum Objects in Focus) by James Robinson (Sirius-Starhome) [2004]...47.47 MB
 The Lewis Chessmen Unmasked by David H. Caldwell, Mark A. Hall, and Caroline M. Wilkinson...45.62 MB
 The Lewis Chessmen Unmasked by David H. Caldwell, Mark A. Hall, and Caroline M. Wilkinson...10.7 MB
 The Lewis Chessmen Unmasked by David H. Caldwell, Mark A. Hall, and Caroline M. Wilkinson...30.44 MB
 The Lewis Chessmen Unmasked by David H. Caldwell, Mark A. Hall, and Caroline M. Wilkinson...49.72 MB

Description

Chess History Books by Sirius and Rigel-Starhome.
All material is scanned at 300 dpi and packed into CBR, EPUB, MOBI, and PDF files.

image image image image image

Here are five books on the history of chess:

A History of Chess from Chaturanga to the Present Day by Yuri Averbakh (Rigel and Sirius-Starhome) [2012] [NF]
Chess Sets by F. Lanier Graham (Sirius-Starhome) [1968] [NF]
Chess Variations: Ancient, Regional, and Modern by John Gollon (Sirius-Starhome) [1968] [NF]
The Lewis Chessmen (British Museum Objects in Focus) by James Robinson (Sirius-Starhome) [2004] [NF]
The Lewis Chessmen Unmasked by David H. Caldwell, Mark A. Hall, and Caroline M. Wilkinson (Sirius-Starhome) [2010] [NF]

Most books on chess are about how to play modern tournament chess, or the history of modern chess tournaments. Modern chess tournaments began in 1850, organized by an English chess master named Staunton, and the standard chess sets were designed and sold by him.

Sirius and I, however, are interested in the origins and evolution of chess as it spread from its invention in ancient India: the different boards, the different chess sets, and the different rules of the games in different times and places. Sirius was a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism who found "Chess Variations" in a book store and began teaching other members of that organization how to play chess according to medieval rules; I was a chess freak as a boy, who found H.J.R. Murray's "History of Chess" in the reference section of a library and learned how much wider the subject was than I'd previously known.

Sirius scanned four of these books when he was so new at the torrents thing that he didn't know how to create anything but CBR files, and other people released them for him because he hadn't learned how to do that, either. The other book was my very first scan, which he edited and released for me. (This led to us talking and discovering that between us, we had almost every issue of the magazine Linux Format, which I've been scanning, editing, and releasing ever since.)

Sirius and I have three or four more books on chess sets, and maybe a dozen more books on the history of chess, waiting their turn. First on the list is Murray's huge tome. We've scanned 400 of its 900 pages, in a group effort where many of us have done 50 pages apiece. Another round like that should complete the scanning, then comes the editing, and finally the release. When? I can't say, we're all so busy…

Please seed until you've reached a share ratio of 2.0 or better, to keep this torrent alive. Also, let us know if the torrent needs to be reseeded. Thanks! —Rigel

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.11 GB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Chess History Books (Sirius and Rigel-Starhome)