Carter and Ralph-The Stanley Brothers-Worried Man Blues&Rank Strangers-Live 1966-{DolbyProLogicII384kbs}

seeders: 5
leechers: 1
Added on August 31, 2014 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

Carter and Ralph-The Stanley Brothers-Worried Man Blues&Rank Strangers-Live 1966-{DolbyProLogicII384kbs} (Size: 118.09 MB)
 Carter and Ralph-The Stanley Brothers- and the Clinch Mountain Boys-Rank Stranger-Live...64.85 MB
 Carter and Ralph-The Stanley Brothers and the Clinch Mountain Boys-Worried Man Blues-LIVE...41.36 MB
 The Window Up Above-Ralph Stanley and George Jones.mp36.55 MB
 Rank Stranger.mp35.31 MB
 Rank Strangers.txt7.51 KB

Description

imageimageimageimageimageimage

"Worried Man Blues" & "Rank Strangers" Live 1966

The Stanley Brothers LIVE 1966 w/ MP3
MP4 Audio total Bit Rate 497kbs

"Worried Man Blues" is quite a bit sharper in High Quality.
"Rank Strangers" Video is a bit blurry, as it is rare and the only version I could find. But if you are a Bluegrass Fan, this is very much worth the download.

Everyone wonders at how I love Bluegrass so much while I upload Heavy Metal/Blues/Soul/Pop/Rock/CW/R&B etc...
Welp, fact is I love em all, I just happen to love great music of any kind, (I saw Kiss in concert the first time in my city and their final concert in my city, probly saw Kiss bout 6 times or more), but If I had to choose my one genre it would be BlueGrass as that's my Roots, My family history grew up and lived in the deep backwoods of Kentucky in a 1 room house with a tin roof - no outhouse, getting their water from the creek, I still remember fishing the Crawdads out of the drinking waterbucket when we would drive way back into the hills on gravel/dirt roads to visit my GrandParents. There ain't nuthin like livin way back there in the hills!! Walk way back in the woods and go down in a cave that no one knows is even there cept the hillfolk, not hearing anything cept an occasional bird or squirrel. Thats where my Dad learnt me how to hunt squirrel's when I was bout 13. Still remember huntn rabbits with my Grandpa way back in the hills. Old Time BlueGrass, Almost Heaven.

"I wandered again to my home in the mountains
Where in youth's early dawn I was happy and free
I looked for my friends but I never could find them
I found they were all rank strangers to me

Everybody I met seemed to be a rank stranger
No mother or dad not a friend could I see
They knew not my name and I knew not their faces
I found they were all rank strangers to me.
"

"Worried Man Blues" is a folk song in the roots music repertoire. Like many folks songs passed by oral tradition, the lyrics vary from version to version, but generally all contain the chorus "It takes a worried man to sing a worried song/It takes a worried man to sing a worried song/I'm worried now, but I won't be worried long." The verses tell the story of a man imprisoned for unknown reasons "I went across the river, and I lay down to sleep/When I woke up, had shackles on my feet", who pines for his lost love.

"Rank Strangers" The key pitch, in this video appears to be in E...while the original recording was in F# This version is one step lower, which does make a difference. The fiddler appears to be Don Miller, and the bassist is Chick Strippling. The Stanley Brothers’ classic 1960 recording of Rank Stranger has been chosen by The Librarian of Congress as one of the culturally-significant audio recordings to be added to their National Recording Registry for preservation. Bluegrass fans have cherished both this song and the Stanley Brother's’ recording of it for nearly 55 years. It is still played all over the world by amateur and professional bluegrass bands, and almost always using the arrangement that The Stanley Brothers recorded. The Album Recording is among the best-known of their many recordings. It is, perhaps the song that best captures the highly emotive quality of the Stanley Brothers singing. A lot of things conspired to make this recording a classic. First, and foremost, is the singing of the brothers. Carter Stanley’s lead vocals are strong and self-assured, yet full of ache. You believe the sadness in his lyric is painfully real. And on the choruses, Ralph delivers an equally expressive, yet haunting, counterpoint. Curly Lambert’s mandolin intro, and his work throughout the song, has been cited as his best work on record. And, there’s the quality of the recording itself. This was perhaps one of the best-recorded sessions the duo ever did. The material has a great presence and is very clear. Although it was recorded in mono, there is a wonderful mix of instruments and voices… there’s just the right amount of back-up when needed, and nothing over rides or detracts from what is being featured. This song was recorded during a relatively stable time in the band’s career. They had a sponsor that provided them with a weekly salary and promoted them on multiple TV stations in the deep south. This was, perhaps, the best time (1960) for the Stanley Brothers. A steady income and a touring circuit that actually allowed them to have some family time conspired to make this one of the happiest times of Carter Stanley’s career. Perhaps this ease is also reflected in the approach to the music they were making then, including Rank Stranger.

The Stanley Brothers: The Stanley Brothers were an American bluegrass duo made up of brothers Carter and Ralph Stanley. This rare video was made in Mid 1966. In about 5 months Carter would be dead. Basically Drinking himself to death at the age of 41.
On October 21, 1966 Carter began hemorrhaging during a performance at a school auditorium in Hazel Green, Kentucky and had to leave the stage. Six weeks later, on December 1, 1966, he was dead at age 41. Carter Stated many years ago that he loved George Jones Song "In The Window Up Above" which I have that song on cd with George Jones and Ralph Stanley singing it together after Carter had died. "Window Up Above" was written and originally recorded by George Jones, whose version peaked at #2 in 1960.

Lyrics

"Worried Man Blues"

It takes a worried man to sing a worried song
I'm worried now but I won't be worried long

I went across the river and I laid down to sleep
When I woke up, there were shackles on my feet

Twenty one links of chain around my leg
And on each link, the initials of my name

I asked the judge what's gonna be my fine
Twenty one years on the Rocky Mountain Line

If anyone should ask you who composed this song
Say it was me and I sing it all day long

"Rank Strangers"

I wandered again to my home in the mountains
Where in youth's early dawn I was happy and free
I looked for my friends but I never could find them
I found they were all rank strangers to me

Everybody I met seemed to be a rank stranger
No mother or dad not a friend could I see
They knew not my name and I knew not their faces
I found they were all rank strangers to me.

Now they've all moved away said the voice of a stranger
To a beautiful home by a bright crystal sea
And some day I'll meet them all up in Heaven
Where no one will be a rank stranger to me.

"Worried Man Blues" Video Encode:
Frame Width: 960
Frame Height: 736
Data Rate: 1504kbps
Total Bitrate: 2010kbs
Frame Rate: 29 FPS

"Rank Strangers" Video Encode:
Frame Width: 352
Frame Height: 272
Data Rate: 2002kbps
Total Bitrate: 2500kbs
Frame Rate: 29 FPS

Audio Encodes:
Track I
Dolby Pro Logic II
Bit Rate: 384kbps
Channels 2(stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 48 khz

Track 2 Encode
7.1 ch @ 2 ch stereo mix
Bit Rate: 1536kbps
Audio Sample Rate: 48 khz

http://kickasstorrents.ee/user/dd53787/uploads/

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
118.09 MB
seeders:5
leechers:1
Carter and Ralph-The Stanley Brothers-Worried Man Blues&Rank Strangers-Live 1966-{DolbyProLogicII384kbs}