Carey and Lurrie Bell Son Of A Gun (blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t]

seeders: 5
leechers: 0
Added on February 21, 2014 by rogerccin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Carey and Lurrie Bell Son Of A Gun (blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t] (Size: 96.74 MB)
 01 Ballbuster.mp37.56 MB
 02 Better Break It Up.mp38.8 MB
 03 I'm a Fool.mp38.82 MB
 04 I'll Be Your 44.mp38.83 MB
 05 Kick Me In The Pants.mp36.02 MB
 06 Rollin' and Tumblin'.mp37.42 MB
 07 Worried Heartache Blues.mp315.02 MB
 08 Highway Is My Life.mp38.2 MB
 09 My Baby.mp35.43 MB
 10 If The Ocean Was Whiskey.mp38.25 MB
 11 I've Got To Leave Chi-Town.mp36.47 MB
 12 Gate Bait.mp35.85 MB
 Front.jpg78.06 KB

Description

Carey Bell and Lurrie Bell Son Of A Gun

Label: Rooster Blues Records

Released:1984

Format : Mp3@320

Lurrie Bell

Born in 1958, son of blues harmonicist Carey Bell, Lurrie picked up his father's guitar at age six and taught himself to play. He was clearly gifted beyond most. In addition to that, he grew up with many of the Chicago blues legends around him. Eddie Taylor, Big Walter Horton, Eddie C. Campbell, Eddie Clearwater (his cousin), Lovie Lee, Sunnyland Slim, Jimmy Dawkins and many more were frequent visitors to his house. They all helped to shape and school him in the blues, but none as much as his father's long time employer Muddy Waters.

By seventeen, Lurrie was playing on stage with Willie Dixon. Not only was Lurrie quickly recognized as an exceptionally gifted guitarist and musician, but his knowledge of different blues styles, his soulfulness and musical maturity brought write-ups in publications such as Rolling Stone and The New York Times. When only nineteen, Lurrie went out on the road with Koko Taylor for four years. His next role was a founding member of Son of the Blues with Willie Dixon’s son Freddie and harmonicist Billy Branch. At a time when most other young blues guitarists, both black and white, were favoring the rock-blues "guitar hero" style, made popular by the likes of Johnny Winter and Stevie Ray Vaughan, Lurrie's playing has always followed more in the traditional style of such blues greats as B.B. King, Otis Rush, Magic Sam and Eddie Taylor. For Lurrie, it has never been about how many notes he could play or how fast he could play them. Rather, it's always been about the music, and more specifically, about the blues. Above all, whatever style or flavor Lurrie chooses to draw from, it is his own sound that rules.

Carey Bell

Carey Bell was born in Macon, Mississippi on November 14, 1936. A fan of Louis Jordan, Bell originally wanted a saxophone, but economic realities forced his grandfather to buy him a harmonica instead. He taught himself to play the instrument by the time he was eight, and began playing professionally with his godfather, pianist Lovie Lee, when he was 13. In 1956, Lee convinced Carey that Chicago was the place to be for aspiring bluesmen, so the two made their way north. Almost immediately, Bell went to see Little Walter perform at the Club Zanzibar at 14th and Ashland. The two became friends and Walter delighted in showing the youngster some of his tricks. Carey went on to meet and learn from Sonny Boy Williamson II, but it was Big Walter Horton who really bowled him over.

Carey learned his lessons well, gigging around the city's South and West Side blues clubs with Lee. But by the late 1950's and early 1960's the gigs were drying up for harp players as the electric guitar began to take over as the predominant instrument of Chicago blues. Bell decided to increase his worth by becoming a bass player (learning the ropes from Hound Dog Taylor). He quickly mastered the instrument and began getting gigs as a bassist with Honeyboy Edwards, Johnny Young, Eddie Taylor, Earl Hooker and Big Walter. While playing bass in Big Walter's band, Bell studied every harp trick in the book firsthand from one of the all-time great harmonica players.

Bell, back on harp full-time, recorded behind Earl Hooker in 1968 for Arhoolie. By 1969 Bell was fronting his own band. His friend Charlie Musselwhite brought him over to Bob Koester at Delmark Records who promptly signed Bell and recorded Carey Bell's Blues Harp. Bell spent 1971 traveling and recording with Muddy Waters before teaming up with his mentor Big Walter to record what was to be Alligator Records' second-ever release, Big Walter Horton with Carey Bell. He followed that with Last Night, an album for ABC/Bluesway. Willie Dixon chose Bell for the featured role in his Chicago Blues All-Stars, with whom Bell worked regularly throughout much of the 1970's, both touring and recording. Bell then made his first solo recordings for Alligator, in a featured spot in 1978 on the Grammy-nominated Living Chicago Blues series.

By the 1980's, Bell had established himself as a giant among blues harmonica players. He recorded albums as a leader and as a sideman for a variety of labels both in the United States and Europe, and was constantly playing live. In 1990 Bell, along with fellow harpslingers Junior Wells, James Cotton and Billy Branch, got together and recorded the W.C. Handy Award-winning Alligator album Harp Attack!. In 1995, Bell's first full-length solo album on Alligator, Deep Down, secured his reputation as a monster harpist. His follow-up, 1997's Good Luck Man, pushed the blues farther out with Bell's rich vocabulary of deep harmonica solos and tough city vocals fueling a mix of classic blues grooves and contemporary electric sounds. Bell continues to perform solo shows (often accompanied by his son Lurrie), and as part of the Muddy Waters Tribute Band.

Tracklist

1.Ballbuster 3:13

2.Better Break It Up 3:46

3.I'm A Fool 3:50

4.I'll Be Your .44 3:49

5.Kick Me In The Pants 2:36

6.Rollin' And Tumblin' 3:10

7.Worried Heartache Blues 6:34

8.Highway Is My Life 3:34

9.My Baby 2:17

10.If The Ocean Was Whiskey 3:33

11.I've Got To Leave Chi-Town 2:45

12.Gate Bait 2:30

Carey Bell – Vocals (tracks 2, 3, 6, 8, 10) and Harmonica (tracks 4, 9)

Lurrie Bell – Guitar and Vocals (tracks 4, 6, 7, 9,11)

Eli Murray - Guitar

John Ervin - Bass

James Harrington – Drums (tracks 7, 11)

Theodore "Dino" Davies – Drums (all tracks except 7, 11)

Jimmie Sims and Karen Carroll – Background Vocals (track 12)

Recorded May 27-29 & June 1-2, 1982 at Odyssey Sound Studio, Chicago

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
96.74 MB
seeders:5
leechers:0
Carey and Lurrie Bell Son Of A Gun (blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t]