Buddy Longway 1-6 (scanlation)

seeders: 7
leechers: 1
Added on January 30, 2013 by MainManateein Books > Comics
Torrent verified.

Buddy Longway 1-6 (scanlation) (Size: 129.22 MB)
 Buddy Longway 01 - Chinook (GunPowder-scans).cbr39.64 MB
 Buddy Longway 02 - The Enemy (Dragonz-K).cbr17.27 MB
 Buddy Longway 03 - Three Men came riding (Dragonz-K).cbr17.09 MB
 Buddy Longway 04 - Alone (Dragonz-K).cbr18.12 MB
 Buddy Longway 05 - The Secret (Dragonz-K).cbr18.32 MB
 Buddy Longway 06 - The Elk (Dragonz-K).cbr18.78 MB

Description

The series is a family saga which centers around the eponymous character Buddy Longway, a trapper who lives in the wilderness. He lives as a partner of a Sioux Native American woman called Chinook. In the course of the series, they have two children, Jeremy and Kathleen.

Main topics of the series, which is set in the 19th century, are living in the wilderness, interracial relationships, Native American culture, coming of age (Jeremy and Kathleen) and age (Buddy Longway).

Longway is described as a brooding, vulnerable character who visibly ages during the course of the series. Derib commented: "I am someone very emotional and I believe to know how to transfer this dimension into a comic book." Derib deliberately chose this slant, which was unusual compared to contemporary Western comics like Lucky Luke or Blueberry: "I wanted to renew the narrative modes in comics, especially the notion that a hero should be perfect, invincible or immortal (e.g. Lucky Luke or Blueberry), so my idea was to write about a simple man."

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
129.22 MB
seeders:7
leechers:1
Buddy Longway 1-6 (scanlation)

All Comments

Super!
Thanks
Another one that I totally forgot. From times when I was very young, mid 70's. Thumb up