Born to Dance (1936) Xvid 1cd - Eleanor Powell, James Stewart - Classic Musical [DDR]

seeders: 13
leechers: 17
Added on January 16, 2014 by SaMin Movies
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: DVDRip

Born to Dance (1936) Xvid 1cd - Eleanor Powell, James Stewart - Classic Musical [DDR] (Size: 875.96 MB)
 Born to Dance (1936) Xvid 1cd - Classic Musical [DDR].avi699.85 MB
 Born to Dance Trailer.avi40.03 MB
 Happy Harmonies - Cartoon - The Old Mill Pond.avi56.21 MB
 Hollywood the Mini Step - Short Documentary.avi79.88 MB

Description

Born to Dance (1936) Xvid 1cd - Eleanor Powell, James Stewart - Classic Musical [DDR]

Born to Dance (1936) is a musical film starring Eleanor Powell and James Stewart, released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, and directed by Roy Del Ruth.

The film stars dancer Eleanor Powell and was a follow-up to her successful debut in Broadway Melody of 1936. The plot of Born to Dance is not much different from the earlier film, or many others of the era—boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, girl puts on a spectacular song-and-dance show.

The film co-stars James Stewart as Powell's love interest and Virginia Bruce as the film's resident femme fatale and Powell's rival. Powell's Broadway Melody co-stars Buddy Ebsen and Frances Langford return to provide comedy and musical support. The score was composed by Cole Porter.

Highlights of the film include a rare musical number by Stewart (which the actor later poked fun at in the That's Entertainment! retrospective), and a bombastic finale called "Swingin' the Jinx Away". Set amidst a pre-Second World War naval backdrop, the Depression-era "feel good" number (which runs nearly 10 minutes) makes topical references to the economy and political leaders (with a "shout out" to Cab Calloway thrown in for good measure) sung by Powell, adds in an eccentric dance routine by Ebsen, and ends in a flurry of tap dancing by Powell culminating in a patriotic salute, and finally a blast of cannon fire. This finale was also lifted in its entirety and re-used in another Powell film, I Dood It, co-starring Red Skelton. Although considered one of Powell's (and MGM's) most memorable musical numbers, and often featured in retrospectives such as That's Entertainment!, musical director Roger Edens was often quoted as being embarrassed by the segment.

The film introduced the Porter standards "You'd Be So Easy to Love" (performed by Stewart and Marjorie Lane, dubbed for Powell) and "I've Got You Under My Skin" (performed by Bruce), which was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Song. It was the first film in which Stewart sang.

Some of the musical numbers were recorded in stereophonic sound, making this one of the first films to utilize multi-channel technology. Rhino Records included the stereo tracks in its soundtrack album, released on CD, including Jimmy Stewart's and Marjorie Lane's performance of "You'd Be So Easy to Love

CAST:-
Eleanor Powell as Nora Paige
James Stewart as Ted Barker
Virginia Bruce as Lucy James
Una Merkel as Jenny Saks
Sid Silvers as 'Gunny' Sacks
Frances Langford as 'Peppy' Turner
Raymond Walburn as Captain Percival Dingby
Alan Dinehart as James 'Mac' McKay
Buddy Ebsen as 'Mush' Tracy
Juanita Quigley as Sally Saks
Georges as Himself, Dance Speciality (as Georges and Jalna)
Jalna as Herself, Dance Specialty (as Georges and Jalna)
Reginald Gardiner as Central Park Policeman
Barnett Parker as Model Home Demonstrator
The Foursome as Sailor Quartette

Directed by Roy Del Ruth
Produced by Jack Cummings
Written by Jack McGowan, Sid Silvers
Music by Cole Porter
Running time 106 min.

SONG NUMBERS:- Music and Lyrics by Cole Porter
Rolling Home (1936), Sung by The Foursome, Sid Silvers, Buddy Ebsen, James Stewart and chorus
Rap, Tap on Wood (1936), Sung and danced by Eleanor Powell and The Foursome; Eleanor Powell's vocals dubbed by Marjorie Lane
Hey, Babe, Hey (1936), Sung and danced by Eleanor Powell, James Stewart, Sid Silvers, Una Merkel, Frances Langford, Buddy Ebsen and The Foursome
Entrance of Lucy James (1936), Sung by Raymond Walburn, Virginia Bruce and chorus
Love Me, Love My Pekinese (1936), Sung by Virginia Bruce and chorus, Danced by Eleanor Powell
Easy to Love (1936), Played during the opening credits and as background music, Sung by Eleanor Powell and James Stewart, Frances Langford Buddy Ebsen
I've Got You Under My Skin (1936), Danced by Georges and Jalna, Sung by Virginia Bruce
Swingin' the Jinx Away (1936); Played during the opening credits, Sung by Frances Langford, Buddy Ebsen, The Foursome, Danced by Buddy Ebsen and Eleanor Powell
Sidewalks of New York (1894), Music by Charles Lawlor, Lyrics by James W. Blake
Columbia, the Gem of the Ocean (1843), Written by David T. Shaw, Arranged by Thomas A. Beckett
The Prisoner's Song (If I Had the Wings of an Angel) (1924), Music and Lyrics by Guy Massey

SYNOPSIS:- Born to Dance (1936)
Sailor Ted meets at the Lonely Hearts Club of his friend Gunny's wife, Jenny, a girl, Nora Paige, and falls in love. Nora wants to become a dancer on Broadway. Ted rescues the Pekinese of Lucy James, a Broadway star during a public relations campaign on his submarine. Lucy falls in love with Ted, and Ted is ordered by his Captain to meet her in a night club, in spite of the fact that he has a date with Nora. Nora, who lives with Jenny and her and Gunny's daughter, doesn't want to hear anything from Ted, after she spotted a picture of Ted and Lucy in the morning paper. Lucy convinces her manager Dinehart to stop the press campaign and tells him that she would leave the production, if another photo or article of her and Ted is published. Nora has become her understudy, and she begins to think her behaviour to Ted over. Suddenly she is fired after Dinehart told her to dance a number Lucy James called undanceable. But when Ted is told the whole story, he knows what to do.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:-
Video Codec: XviD ISO MPEG-4
Video Bitrate: 855 kbps
Video Resolution: 640x480
Video Aspect Ratio: 1.333:1
Frames Per Second: 23.976
Audio Codec: 0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3
Audio Bitrate: 192kb/s CBR 48000 Hz
Audio Streams: 2
Audio Languages:English
RunTime 106 mins
Subtitles: NONE
Ripped by: Trinidad [DDR]
Duration: 106 mins

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
875.96 MB
seeders:13
leechers:17