Bloom's Modern Critical Views - The Bible (2006) (316p) [Inua].pdf

seeders: 2
leechers: 6
Added on January 25, 2015 by Inuain Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Bloom's Modern Critical Views - The Bible (2006) (316p) [Inua].pdf (Size: 4.05 MB)
 Bloom's Modern Critical Views - The Bible (2006) (316p) [Inua].pdf4.05 MB

Description

Title: The Bible (Bloom's Modern Critical Views)
Editor: Harold Bloom
Series: Bloom's Modern Critical Views
Hardcover: 307 pages
Publisher: Chelsea House Pub (L); Updated edition (August 2006)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0791081370
ISBN-13: 978-0791081372

Description:
"Harold Bloom adds some fantastic critical literary guides, providing interpretations and issues that should reach a wide audience from adults to young adults at the high school and college levels."

Editor’s Note
My Introduction concerns the uncanny sublimity of the Yahwist or J Writer, the original author of the oldest layer in the palimpsest we now call Genesis, Exodus, and Numbers.
The great critic Kenneth Burke gives an exuberant analysis of the first three chapters of Genesis, after which Erich Auerbach contrasts the representation of reality in the Hebrew Bible and in Homer.
Geoffrey Hartman expounds the prophetic poetics of Jeremiah, while I give a reading, unconventionally Freudian, of Jacob’s all-night wrestling match with the Angel of Death.
Martin Buber, theologian of visionary dialogue, memorably interprets first the Book of Job, and then Psalm 73.
The Song of Songs receives an expert exegesis from Francis Landy, after which J. Daniel Hays investigates narrative skill in I Kings 1-11, the story of Solomon.
The great poet-novelist D.H. Lawrence contributes an apocalyptic critique of the Revelation of St. John the Divine, while the major critic Frank Kermode splendidly analyzes a crucial episode in the Gospel of Mark.
In a shrewd defense of Pauline typology, Herbert Marks presents St. Paul himself as a revisionary critic, after which Benedict T. Viviano starkly contrasts the Gospel of John to one of its sources, the Gospel of Matthew.
Revelation returns in Steven J. Friesen’s account of the symbolism of Chapter 13, which employs myth in order to separate out his audience from a hostile society.
My Afterword casts doubt as to the recoverable historicity of Jesus, relying upon the very different arguments of two recent books, my own Jesus and Yahweh: The Names Divine, and Christ is the Question by Wayne Meeks.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.05 MB
seeders:2
leechers:6
Bloom's Modern Critical Views - The Bible (2006) (316p) [Inua].pdf