Bloom's Modern Critical Views - Salman Rushdie (2003) (300p) [Inua].pdf

seeders: 1
leechers: 4
Added on January 25, 2015 by Inuain Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Bloom's Modern Critical Views - Salman Rushdie (2003) (300p) [Inua].pdf (Size: 1.79 MB)
 Bloom's Modern Critical Views - Salman Rushdie (2003) (300p) [Inua].pdf1.79 MB

Description

Title: Salman Rushdie (Bloom's Modern Critical Views)
Editor: Harold Bloom
Series: Bloom's Modern Critical Views
Hardcover: 291 pages
Publisher: Chelsea House Pub (L) (March 2003)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0791074005
ISBN-13: 978-0791074008

Description:
My Introduction follows Salman Rushdie himself by arguing the case for the purely aesthetic achievement of The Satanic Verses.
M.D. Fletcher finds Rushdie’s Shame an apologia pro vita sua, after which Henry Louis Gates, Jr. defends both Wole Soyinka and Rushdie against the forces of censorship.
To Catherine Cundy, Grimus marks an entrance into Rushdie’s work, while K.M. Newton spins a fine web of literary theory that seems to me sublimely irrelevant to Rushdie’s sufferings.
The palpably cinematic elements in The Satanic Verses are set forth by Nicholas D. Rombes, Jr., after which Vijay Mishra sees Rushdie’s mode as diasporic narrative.
I find little in common between the work of Toni Morrison and Salman Rushdie, despite the argument of Eleni Coundouriotis.
Paul A. Cantor shrewdly focuses on Rushdie’s excursions into Spanish history in The Moor’s Last Sigh.
The influence of Midnight’s Children on national narratives of the eighties is outlined by Josna E. Rege.
Brian Finney, approaching the heart of the matter, deals with the demonic in The Satanic Verses, while John Clement Ball examines traditions of satire in Midnight’s Children.
Stephen Baker illuminates aspects of The Moor’s Last Sigh, after which Ayelet Ben-Yishai considers complexities of representation in Shame.
(from the Editor’s Note)

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.79 MB
seeders:1
leechers:4
Bloom's Modern Critical Views - Salman Rushdie (2003) (300p) [Inua].pdf