Big Night - Music from the Motion Picture (Big Papi) 1996 Italian Music Soundtrack

seeders: 6
leechers: 1
Added on August 18, 2013 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Big Night - Music from the Motion Picture (Big Papi) 1996 Italian Music Soundtrack (Size: 68.97 MB)
 01 - Claudio Villa - Stornelli Amorisi.mp312.81 MB
 02 - Matteo Salvatore - Il Pescivendolo.mp31.99 MB
 03 - Claudio Villa - La Strada Del Bosco.mp34.2 MB
 04 - Gary DeMichele - Art Of Art.mp34.59 MB
 05 - Louis Prima - Oh Marie.mp33.62 MB
 06 - Rosemary Clooney - Mambo Italiano.mp33.81 MB
 07 - Louis Prima & Keely Smith Feat. Sam Butera & The Witnesses - Love Of My Life (O Sole...6.88 MB
 08 - Gary DeMichele - Dinner.mp31.77 MB
 09 - Claudio Villa - Tic Ti, Tic Ta.mp34.24 MB
 10 - Louis Prima With Sam Butera & The Witnesses - Five Months, Two Weeks, Two Days.mp33.07 MB
 11 - Keely Smith - Don't Take Your Love From Me.mp35.42 MB
 12 - Louis Prima - Buona Sera.mp34.3 MB
 13 - Gary DeMichele - Angular Dissent.mp33.95 MB
 14 - Matteo Salvatore - Mo Ve'la Bella Mia Da La Muntagna.mp34.64 MB
 15 - Gary DeMichele - Pascal's Waltz.mp32.23 MB
 16 - Gary DeMichele - Big Night Theme.mp31.34 MB
 Front.jpg115.84 KB
 Various Artists - Big Night.m3u1.55 KB

Description

Source: 1996 CD

y Victoria Tarrani
My husband is a second generation Italian-American and played this CD so much that it started growing on me. Actually, he played the movie from which this sound track was derived until I went nuts and got this CD for him. Although the movie is wonderful until you've seen it more than ten times, then it gets old, this soundtrack is timeless, and all the more so when my husband tells me what it was like growing up in his culture and listening to Louis Prima and other Italian and Italian-American music.
Everything on this CD by Louis Prima is excellent. My favorite track of his is Buona Sera, but I also love the rendition of O Sole Mio with Sam Butera's fantastic saxophone work. Rosemary Clooney's Mambo Italiano is the sort of song that stays in your head even when you wish it would leave. It's delightful, but a tad too catchy. A bit of history: this was a successful hit for her, but she didn't like it, nor did she understand why it became a hit.

Claudio Villa's "Strada del Bosco" (road through the woods) and "Tic-Ti Tic-Ta" are two of my favorite Italian tracks, with "Pescivendolo" (fish monger) a close third. Of course, if you saw the movie, the first track, "Stornelli Amorisi" by Claudio Villa will be immediately recognizable and will stick with you.

I was not keen about the instrumentals ("Art of Art", "Dinner", "Pascal's Waltz", or "Big Night Theme"), but that may be because those tracks were so integrated into the movie that they just didn't sound right on a CD. I was also not too keen about Keely Smith's "Don't Take Your Love from Me". It just didn't have the same energy as some of the recordings she made on other records with Louis Prima.
All in all, this is a well put together set of tracks that capture the very essence of the Italian-American experience of my husband's generation, and that before him. It will also give you an aural reminder of how delightful the movie - The Big Night - was the first time you saw it. And if you haven't seen it, you should

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
68.97 MB
seeders:6
leechers:1
Big Night - Music from the Motion Picture (Big Papi) 1996 Italian Music Soundtrack