Astounding Science Fiction 1953 02 (c2c) (Sirius-Starhome)

seeders: 3
leechers: 0
Added on July 19, 2016 by starhomein Books > Magazines
Torrent verified.

Astounding Science Fiction 1953 02 (c2c) (Sirius-Starhome) (Size: 240.42 MB)
 Astounding Science Fiction 1953 02 (c2c) (Sirius-Starhome).cbr117.71 MB
 Astounding Science Fiction 1953 02 (c2c) (Sirius-Starhome).pdf122.72 MB

Description

Astounding Science Fiction 1953 02
Scanned, edited and released by Sirius-Starhome.

Language:English
Genre: Science Fiction.
Formats: CBR and PDF.

Table of Contents:

Fiction —
Null-ABC (Part 1) by H. Beam Piper and John J. McGuire, page 12
The Cog by Charles E. Fritch, page 55
Safety Valve by Richard de Mille, page 59
Crucifixus Etiam by Walter M. Miller, Jr., page 97
Nightmare Brother by Alan E. Nourse, page 114
For the Glory of Agon by Irving Cox, Jr., page 136

Article —
Oil, Secret Agents and Woolly Bears by Wallace West, page 83

Cover by Van Dongen for "Null-ABC"

The stories "Crucifixus Etiam" and "Nightmare Brother" are especially good.

This was one of the first science-fiction magazines I scanned and edited from scratch, because no one in Pulpscans had done it yet, and I had a copy in my collection. It isn't QUITE as good as it would be if I did it from scratch today, but it's too good to take the time to redo. I did fix the right edge of the cover a bit, and remove the two-page spread at the beginning of "Nightmare Brother," so you may want to download this issue even if you have the previous version.

The Pulpscans group, as I mentioned before, prefer their e-books and -magazines to preserve the stains, tears, and acid yellowing of the paper originals, so they'll be evocative of old paperbacks and pulp magazines. They have a right to have their own standards of course. Having bought many paperbacks and pulp magazines when they were new, and coming from a background of scanning and editing comic books, I prefer my online books and magazines to be like new.

When all the issues of this year have been released, the 12 individual torrents will be replaced by a single torrent for the whole year. As each year's torrent is finished, it will be added to a larger torrent for all the years released. Eventually we'll have one large torrent for every issue of Astounding and its successor magazine, Analog. This will take a long time, though, so please be patient. It takes several days to do this right.

Please seed this torrent to a share ratio of 2.0 or better, to keep it alive and well. Thanks! —Sirius

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
240.42 MB
seeders:3
leechers:0
Astounding Science Fiction 1953 02 (c2c) (Sirius-Starhome)