Art Without Boundaries 1950-70 (Art Ebook).pdf

seeders: 67
leechers: 15
Added on June 29, 2014 by StevanBG66in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Art Without Boundaries 1950-70 (Art Ebook).pdf (Size: 20.68 MB)
 Art Without Boundaries 1950-70 (Art Ebook).pdf20.68 MB

Description

Pdf / English / 1972 / 215 pag / 21 MB

The idea for this book took shape at some time in 1968. While teaching at two London art colleges, I was disturbed by the fact that new work in any particular field of the visual arts was documented and considered in isolation. I felt that it was desirable to correlate many apparently disparate activities. I was aware that the student of graphic design, for instance, might have little knowledge of 'conceptual' or 'minimal' art, and that, on the other hand, the fine-art student could be equally ignorant of developments in 'autonomous typography' or 'ideative design'. By the same token, innovation in audio-visual techniques might elude both groups of students.
My purpose, in planning this book, was to meet this need by presenting illustrations of a wide range of recent work in the visual arts, accompanied by texts in which the artists' aims are discussed, in many cases in their own words. When I discovered
that several of my friends agreed that such a book would be useful, I decided that the selection of material would be both more objective and more interesting if I invited two other people to collaborate with me on the project.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
20.68 MB
seeders:67
leechers:15
Art Without Boundaries 1950-70 (Art Ebook).pdf

All Comments

thanks