Apology for Murder-1945-Rare PRC Noir Classic- First Time on DVD

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on February 24, 2010 by lee1001in Movies
Torrent verified.

Apology for Murder-1945-Rare PRC Noir Classic- First Time on DVD (Size: 700.16 MB)
 Apology For Murder 1945.avi700.16 MB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.com.txt47 bytes

Description

I'm very proud for my work to be seen on DVD. In my career, I made three musicals, several westerns, and a handful of comedies, in additional to several special noir films, including DETOUR. I hope you enjoy these films, and I hope we can bring you more of my movies in the future. With love to all my friends and fans,

-Ann Savage

This is one movie with a strange history ie,

Indeed, one of Newfield’s most controversial projects is his “riff” on Billy Wilder’s Double Indemnity (1944), which he directed as Apology for Murder (1945); the original title of the project, amazingly enough, was Single Indemnity. Paramount, Wilder’s home studio, wasn’t fooled by the title change and slapped an injunction on the finished film, which remains in force to this day. Although it is an interesting and often effective thriller, Apology for Murder survives only in private collections and on bootleg DVDs, and is seldom if ever screened in public.

PRC's Apology for Murder is aptly named: the production values in this 67-minute quickie are pretty sorry. If you're willing to look past the mildewed sets and murky lighting, however, this well-paced film noir is pretty enjoyable. Hugh Beaumont (yes, that Hugh Beaumont) plays a tough reporter whose honesty is compromised by scheming Anne Savage. Unable to unwrap himself from Savage's little finger, Beaumont agrees to go in on her plan to murder her husband Russell Hicks. They then contrive to frame an innocent man for their perfidy. You've seen this before as Double Indemnity and The Postman Always Rings Twice, but the actors are energetic and the direction by the overworked Sam Newfield is better than usual.

Apology for Murder (1945) Entertaining PRC rip-off of Double Indemnity. Hugh Beaumont plays the sap to Anne Savage’s femme-fatale. Savage dominates in a camp turn that has you wanting more.

Here is a link to the director Sam Newfield it's an interesting read,he used 3 names and did almost 300 full movies

http://archive.sensesofcinema.com/contents/07/45/sam-newfield. href="http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2149130/?rel=1266999432#">html

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
700.16 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Apology for Murder-1945-Rare PRC Noir Classic- First Time on DVD

Trailer

All Comments

Nice print
Nice print
Good quality print, unusually good story for a PRC film.
tracker doesn't work
2010-10-11 08:03
This is a verified torrent
the story line seems good
2010-10-11 07:59