Amish Confidential by Lebanon Levi Stoltzfus & Ellis Henican {Bindaredundat}

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on April 8, 2015 by Bindaredundatin Books
Torrent verified.

Amish Confidential by Lebanon Levi Stoltzfus & Ellis Henican {Bindaredundat} (Size: 2.71 MB)
 Amish Confidential (cover).png182.22 KB
 Amish Confidential by Lebanon Levi Stoltzfus & Ellis Henican.epub661.61 KB
 Amish Confidential by Lebanon Levi Stoltzfus & Ellis Henican.mobi441.57 KB
 Amish Confidential by Lebanon Levi Stoltzfus & Ellis Henican.pdf1.46 MB

Description

Amish Confidential Hardcover – March 31st 2015 by Lebanon" Levi Stoltzfus (Author), Ellis Henican (Author) {Bindaredundat}

Format: epub / mobi / pdf

Product Details

Hardcover: 288 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books (March 31st 2015)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1501110306
ISBN-13: 978-1501110306

“Lebanon” Levi Stoltzfus, star of the hit Discovery Channel reality show Amish Mafia, delivers a sizzling tell-all about Amish life today. From the forbidden joyrides to the senseless shunnings to the colorful family feuds, he shares his frank insider’s view of this fascinating and secretive society.
You’ve seen the pretty postcards and the shiny tourist brochures. Now, Amish Confidential takes readers beyond the buggies, bonnets, and beards—into the hidden heart of back-roads Amish country. The all-night field parties. The prohibited automobiles. The nosy neighbors and prissy tattletales. It’s all here: the many “English temptations.” The stitch-and-bitch quilting bees. The sex, alcohol, and illicit Wi-Fi. And the random acts of kindness and remarkable forgiveness, too.
Interest in the Amish has never been greater. The tourist counts keep breaking new records. Amish Mafia is back for a fourth blockbuster season on TV, joined now by several spinoff shows. Amish Confidential taps right into America’s fresh fascination with the throwback Amish. Stoltzfus weaves his never-before-told personal story through some high-profile Amish episodes that rocked the news in recent years, including the Nickel Mines shooting massacre, the Amish sisters’ farm-stand kidnapping, and the Amish-Pagan drug gang. As America’s most famous Amish tough guy makes clear on every page, there is nothing plain or simple about the plain-and-simple life.

Review

A fascinating look at the lives of the reclusive American Amish. (New York Post)

About the Author

“Lebanon” Levi Stoltzfus is the star of Discovery Channel’s hit show Amish Mafia. He was raised Old Order Amish (the most traditional kind), speaking Pennsylvania Dutch in Pennsylvania’s rural Lancaster and Lebanon counties. The Ordnung, the Amish code of conduct, does not prevent him from speaking freely about the closed society because he was never baptized into the church.
Ellis Henican is the coauthor of three New York Times bestsellers, a columnist for Newsday, and a popular television and radio commentator.

One Helpful Customer Review

51 of 56 people found the following review helpful
The book is not what I expected - it's better. In reading Amish Confidential I learned about the ...
By Purple Hat Reader on March 31, 2015
I bought the book and finished reading it in less than two days. I didn't want to put it down.
The book is not what I expected - it's better. In reading Amish Confidential I learned about the author's typical - yet also unique in some ways - Amish upbringing in Lancaster Pennsylvania. But then the author explains that not everything in Amish Country is a postcard pretty fairytale.
The real and true and headline worthy stories he relates are impossible not to grab your attention. And they aren't reality tv stories but real things from the school shootings to an Amish baby being killed by English teenagers. The stories Stoltzfus tells are sometimes shocking, sometimes personal, but always amazing.
But as much as the book educates the reader about REAL Amish country, its really in the end a love letter of sorts to the Amish family and home he grew up in. I recommend this book to anyone whoever wanted to know more about the Amish, has traveled to Amish country or watched any of the Amish tv shows.
Stoltzfus has a co-author, Ellis Henican, who makes the book not only readable, but immensely enjoyable.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.71 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Amish Confidential by Lebanon Levi Stoltzfus & Ellis Henican {Bindaredundat}