American Top 40 1979 September 22nd

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on September 24, 2014 by RocketMan999in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

American Top 40 1979 September 22nd (Size: 276.5 MB)
 (01)_September_22nd,_1979.mp328.31 MB
 (02)_September_22nd,_1979.mp317.26 MB
 (03)_September_22nd,_1979.mp320 MB
 (04)_September_22nd,_1979_Extra.mp34.84 MB
 (05)_September_22nd,_1979.mp319.7 MB
 (06)_September_22nd,_1979.mp322.54 MB
 (07)_September_22nd,_1979.mp322.34 MB
 (08)_September_22nd,_1979_Extra.mp33.85 MB
 (09)_September_22nd,_1979.mp321.03 MB
 (10)_September_22nd,_1979.mp321.32 MB
 (11)_September_22nd,_1979.mp321.93 MB
 (12)_September_22nd,_1979_Extra.mp34.37 MB
 (13)_September_22nd,_1979.mp39.42 MB
 (14)_September_22nd,_1979.mp319.99 MB
 (15)_September_22nd,_1979.mp321.11 MB
 (16)_September_22nd,_1979_Extra.mp34.7 MB
 (17)_September_22nd,_1979.mp313.77 MB
 September_22nd,_1979.txt5.54 KB
 What's.Up.Doc.1972.720p.BluRay.x264-DiMENSiON [PublicHD].mkv.torrent22.01 KB

Description

"We're counting down the most popular songs in the country from Summer, Michigan, to Winter, Wisconsin; from Spring, Texas, to Fall City, Washington, and the countdown "We're counting down the most popular songs in the country from Summer, Michigan, to Winter, Wisconsin; from Spring, Texas, to Fall City, Washington, and the countdown continues now with the Scotsman Gerry Rafferty and 'Get It Right Next Time'." [BECAUSE IT IS THE FIRST DAY OF FALL... GET IT?]

American Top 40 with Casey Kasem aired on radio from July 4, 1970 until August 6, 1988. This recording is a rebroadcast from internet radio.

In this countdown:

There is a skip in Segment 2 @ 4 minutes and 21 seconds. Normally I fix things like that, but I only got one copy of the first hour of this show and every copy I have of "You Decorated My Life" is the correct tempo. So since Premier sped up Casey's original broadcast, it is not worth all the trouble it would take me to fix it (and that is only ONE way Kenny Rogers decorated MY life... Mom had posters of Kenny Rogers and Fonzie in every room of the house there for a while).

What could Fats Domino, Pat Boone, and the Four Seasons possibly have in common with each other? The same thing they have in common with Cheap Trick, they all put "Ain't That A Shame" (this week at number 36) into the Top 40, (and I thought you'd never ask!).

As of this countdown, Gerry Rafferty holds the record for owning the single that spent the most weeks at number two without ever making it to number one (with his song "Baker Street" because Andy Gibb was "Shadow Dancing" in the number one spot for those six weeks). His new song declares not to worry if you get it wrong; you'll . . . "Get It Right Next Time" (nope!).

Don't believe a word of what Casey says about Barbra Streisand before he plays number 19,"The Main Event/Fight" - just watch how tough she is in the 1972 movie "What's Up Doc" with Ryan O'Neal and Madeline Kahn. I'm supporting your seed-back ratio (you get visitation, I keep custody. Take the torrent I've included as an extra out but don't feed it full of sugar before you bring it back).

Casey gives a special report on this new thing called a LASER, but he only mentions using it in live laser-shows. Since then we've watched the rise and fall of laser CD players because now you can just listen to songs on your phone! And that's still not the best part of this countdown.

A few weeks earlier, Casey told a story about Peter Green, former member of Fleetwood Mac. Casey said Green threatened someone with a gun (while refusing royalties?) and ended up being sent to a mental institution where he received electrical shock therapy for six months. Now Casey reads a letter from Green's wife who tells the other side of the story. Fortunately, Casey knew to clip the BLUE wire when disarming the attached mail-bomb (good thing Mrs. Green didn't own a laser)!

Maxine Nightingale is at number five with "Lead Me On" so Casey reminisces about the time she turned down royalty rights for the song "Right Back Where We Started From" (she took the standard $45 fee and didn't even want her name listed - I wonder if she owned a gun). She was probably ashamed of contributing to the use of a preposition at the end of a song title, but she got paid anyway.

Australian record producer Mike Chapman has lent his expertise to three #1 singles by three different acts in a single calendar year. Moreover, it was each act's first chart single! Furthermoreover, he has done it once more in this week's number one spot; "My Sharona" by The Knack (the "P" is silent).

LW#3: The Devil Went Down To Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band
LW#2: After The Love Has Gone - Earth, Wind & Fire
LW#1: My Sharona - The Knack
40: I Know A Heartache When I See One - Jennifer Warnes
39: Arrow Through Me - Wings
38: Rolene - Moon Martin
37: You Decorated My Life - Kenny Rogers
LDD: If My Friends Could See Me Now - Linda Clifford
36: Ain't That A Shame - Cheap Trick
35: Dirty White Boy - Foreigner
34: Mama Can't Buy You Love - Elton John
ARCHIVE: Sister Golden Hair - America