Alan Jackson-The Old Rugged Cross-LIVE 720p-{DPLII384kbs}

seeders: 5
leechers: 0
Added on October 8, 2014 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

Alan Jackson-The Old Rugged Cross-LIVE 720p-{DPLII384kbs} (Size: 61.49 MB)
 Alan Jackson-The Old Rugged Cross-LIVE 720p-{DPLII384kbs}.mp455.13 MB
 Alan Jackson-The Old Rugged Cross-LIVE.mp36.35 MB
 Alan Jackson-The Old Rugged Cross-LIVE 720p-{DPLII384kbs}.txt4.22 KB

Description

imageimageimageimageimage

Alan Jackson "The Old Rugged Cross" Live 720p

Finished Audio= 283kbs
Includes The LIVE cd mp3 "The Old Rugged Cross" by Alan Jackson
recorded from this Concert.

A Big Thank You to RonjaZaZa for providing the source video of one of the Greatest Country and Western Singers of all time!

Dedicated to my m8 for being there for me through thick and thin - He knows who he is :}

To download any of my Live in Concert Music Videos Please go here:

http://kickasstorrents.ee/user/dd53787/uploads/

Please create a "new" email address and register here, and as a free member you will see no xxx ads-- ALWAYS protect your identity with a "new" email and use a VPN!!!

Thank You! and please seed back.
Mi Casa Su Casa

"On a hill far away stood an Old Rugged Cross
The emblem of suffering and shame
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain"

Alan Eugene Jackson
(born October 17, 1958) is an American country music singer, known for blending traditional honky tonk and mainstream country sounds and penning many of his own hits. He has recorded 14 studio albums, 3 Greatest Hits albums, 2 Christmas albums, 2 Gospel albums and several compilations, all on the Arista Nashville label. More than 50 of his singles have appeared on Billboard's list of the "Top 30 Country Songs". Of Jackson's entries, 35 were number-one hits, with 50 in the Top 10. He is the recipient of 2 Grammys, 16 CMA Awards, 17 ACM Awards and nominee of multiple other awards. He is a member of the Grand Ole Opry, and was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame in 2001. Jackson has sold more than 60 million records worldwide.

"The Old Rugged Cross"
is a popular Christian song written in 1912 by evangelist and song-leader George Bennard (1873-1958).
George Bennard was a native of Youngstown, Ohio but was reared in Iowa. After his conversion in a Salvation Army meeting, he and his wife became brigade leaders before leaving the organization for the Methodist Church. As a Methodist evangelist, Bennard wrote the first verse of "The Old Rugged Cross" in Albion, Michigan, in the fall of 1912 as a response to ridicule which he received at a revival meeting. Bennard traveled with Ed E. Mieras from Chicago to Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin where they held evangelistic meetings at the Friends Church from December 29, 1912 to January 12, 1913. During the meetings Rev. George Bennard finished "The Old Rugged Cross" and on the last night of the meeting before a full house, Bernard and Ed Mieras it as a duet with Pearl Torstensen Berg, organist for the meeting, as accompanist. Charles H. Gabriel, a well-known gospel-song composer helped Bennard with the harmonies. The completed version was then performed on June 7th, 1913, by a choir of five, accompanied by a guitar in Pokagon, Michigan, at the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Pokagon. Published in 1915, the song was popularized during Billy Sunday evangelistic campaigns by two members of his campaign staff, Homer Rodeheaver (who bought rights to the song for $50 or $500?) and Virginia Asher, who were perhaps also the first to record it in 1921. The Old Rugged Cross uses a sentimental popular song form with a verse/chorus pattern in 3 4 time, and it speaks of the writer's Christian experience rather than his adoration of God. Bennard retired to Reed City, Michigan, and the town maintains a museum dedicated to his life and ministry. A memorial has also been created in Youngstown at Lake Park Cemetery.

LYRICS

On a hill far away stood an Old Rugged Cross
The emblem of suffering and shame
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain

So I'll cherish the Old Rugged Cross
Till my trophies at last I lay down
And I will cling to the Old Rugged Cross
And exchange it some day for a crown

To the Old Rugged Cross, I will ever be true
It's shame and reproach, gladly bear
Then He'll call me some day to my home far away