Agalloch-Marrow of the Spirit ak61

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on August 20, 2014 by analogkid6103in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Agalloch-Marrow of the Spirit ak61 (Size: 150.59 MB)
 01 They Escaped the Weight of Darkness.mp38.44 MB
 02 Into the Painted Grey.mp328.43 MB
 03 The Watcher's Monolith.mp326.96 MB
 04 Black Lake Nidstang.mp340.23 MB
 05 Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires.mp322.13 MB
 06 To Drown.mp323.93 MB
 Agalloch.jpg104.43 KB
 Agalloch.txt2.44 KB
 Cover.jpg361.08 KB

Description

"Marrow of the Spirit" marked a change in record label for Agalloch. Their first three full-length albums and EPs were released through The End Records, but after their contract was completed with the release of Ashes Against The Grain in 2006, the band opted not to renew it. The album was released through Profound Lore Records, which also released the first two Agalloch albums on vinyl in 2005. It is the first album to feature Aesop Dekker (of Ludicra) on drums, replacing Chris Greene.

The band felt that their previous album, "Ashes Against The Grain", sounded too polished and opted for a more raw sound for "Marrow of the Spirit", saying that it felt more "alive and real." Therefore, the album was recorded entirely in analog on vintage equipment. Recording took place at Audible Alchemy Studios in Portland, Oregon, with Steven Wray Lobdell (of Faust) producing
Release

On October 29, 2010, the track "The Watcher's Monolith" was released on the music website Stereogum accompanied by an interview with John HaughmThe track "Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires" was released via Vivahaterecords on November 1.

The full album was released on November 23, 2010.
Reception

The album was named among NPR's Top 50 albums of 2010 and listed at #1 on Decibel's list of the 40 best albums of 2010
Track listing

No. Title Length
1. "They Escaped the Weight of Darkness" 3:41
2. "Into the Painted Grey" 12:25
3. "The Watcher's Monolith" 11:46
4. "Black Lake Niðstång" 17:34
5. "Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires" 9:40
6. "To Drown" 10:27
Total length:
65:33
Personnel
Agalloch

John Haughm – vocals, acoustic & electric guitars
Don Anderson – acoustic & electric guitars
Jason William Walton – bass
Aesop Dekker – drums

Guest musicians

Jackie Perez Gratz (Grayceon, Giant Squid, Asunder, Amber Asylum) — cello on "They Escaped the Weight of Darkness" and "To Drown"
Steven Wray Lobdell — backing vocals on "The Watcher's Monolith"
Jeffrey Neblock (Vindensång) — piano on "The Watcher's Monolith", and field recordings on "They Escaped the Weight of Darkness", "The Watcher's Monolith", "Black Lake Niðstång", and "To Drown"
Nathan Carson (Witch Mountain, Two-Ton Boa, Sunn O))))— Moog MG-1, Moog Opus-3, vibraphone and glockenspiel on "Black Lake Niðstång"
Veleda Thorsson — petrified bone, glass and metal sheet percussion on "To Drown ............................... ..................Hey downloaders can I get some help they keep takin stuff away and all I want to do is share with you so any help is welcomed especially since by helping me you help yourselfs and I can find and post more good stuff instead of the same over and over. Much appreciated. By help I mean thumbs up , and comments nothing else is required . Im poor and broke and I like it. Less they can take from me later. But I do have one hell of a music collection CD and computer files. Keep on Rockin and Ill keep on sharin until they Destroy me and thats my oath.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
150.59 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Agalloch-Marrow of the Spirit ak61