Advanced English Grammar fro ESL - epub [a0b10c110]

seeders: 10
leechers: 5
Added on January 17, 2016 by a0b10c110in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Advanced English Grammar fro ESL - epub [a0b10c110] (Size: 5.46 MB)
 Advanced English Grammar fro ESL.epub5.42 MB
 Advanced English Grammar fro ESL - cover.jpg44.29 KB
 Advanced English Grammar fro ESL - info.txt2.85 KB

Description

Practice Makes Perfect Advanced English Grammar for ESL Learners

Get control over those difficult areas of English grammar

Practice Makes Perfect: Advanced English Grammar for ESL Learners is focused on those grammar topics that might pose special problems for you, especially if English is not your first language. Because it targets advanced topics, you will quickly zero in on what holds you back from fluency. And like with all of the bestselling Practice Makes Perfect books, you can practice through exercises and reinforce your knowledge.

The book includes:

•775 exercises

•Expertise from Mark Lester, an ESL expert in grammar who founded the highly respected ESL department at the University of Hawaii. He authored the most popular college classroom grammar in the country

Topics include: Noun plurals, Possessive nouns and personal pronouns, Articles and quantifiers, Adjectives, Verb forms and tenses, Talking about present time, Talking about past time, Talking about future time, Causative verbs, The passive, The structure of adjective clauses, Restrictive and nonrestrictive adjective clauses, Gerunds, Infinitives, Noun clauses

Product Details

Series: Practice Makes Perfect Series

Language: English

ISBN-10: 9780071598798

ISBN-13: 978-0071598798

ASIN: 0071598790

About the Author

Mark Lester is an experienced grammarian, ESL expert, and professor emeritus of Eastern Washington University. He was the founding chairperson of the ESL department at the University of Hawaii, considered one of the best ESL programs in the US. He is the author of more than a dozen books, including Grammar and Usage in the Classroom, one of the most widely used college grammar textbooks in the country. Dr. Lester obtained his BA in Philosophy and English Literature at Pomona College and his PhD in Linguistics from University of California-Berkeley. He also holds an MBA from the University of Hawaii.

Reviews

For advanced students of English, this book is excellent to shape your skills. It brings detailed explanation about some of the most difficult subjects in English. The explanations are clear and short followed by exercises. However, I found some terms a little difficult. In spite of that, it is a great book.

I teach ESL to Spanish speaking students. I've gone through many different ESL books trying to find the best tool. In my experience, I've found the Practice Makes Perfect books to be among my favorites. They're written in a workbook format and include many sentence writing exercises. I use them all for my students. Great book series for learning English grammar. Easy to understand and well written. You'd have to be a near moron to not be able to figure out the explanations and examples. These books are much more effective if you have someone who understands English grammar therefore these make for an excellent learning tool.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
5.46 MB
seeders:10
leechers:5
Advanced English Grammar fro ESL - epub [a0b10c110]