A Rolling Stones Documentary History in Five Films

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on November 9, 2013 by Heidi-Annein Movies > Documentary
Torrent verified.

A Rolling Stones Documentary History in Five Films (Size: 6.81 GB)
 Crossfire Hurricane Pt 3.avi1024 MB
 Crossfire Hurricane pt 1.avi1024 MB
 Crossfire Hurricane pt 2.avi1024 MB
 Crossfire Hurricane pt4.avi787.51 MB
 Gimme Shelter:Rolling Stones Documentary.mp4699.21 MB
 Rolling Stones Cocksucker Blues Movie.divx1.03 GB
 Rolling Stones Ladies and Gentlemen.avi746.63 MB
 The Rolling Stones_ Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965 [2012 Restoration].avi618.99 MB

Description

Preface: Sorry! On a Mac so my VLC doesn't have the right tools; I just could not get parts of Crossfire Hurricane to encode as one stream, so though they are in AVI format they are broken into 4 parts (which I have marked in the folder). I left out Martin Scorcese's 2008 Shine A Light film as it seems rather over loaded with songs but not enough of the individual Stones themselves; I felt it didn't cover as much ground or do it as well as Crossfire Hurricane, which I believe to be a superior film in, well, all sorts of ways.

THE ROLLING STONES: A DOCUMENTARY HISTORY

1. Charlie is My Darling, the earliest Rolling Stones documentary done in 1965 during their Irish tour, only re-released in 2012 once the parts of the film thought to have been lost were, well, found not to be so lost after all. At this stage they are playing mostly hard blues covers, and chat about how little time they think they will have in the spot light. Very worth watching to see a pre-drug Richards and a sober, thoughtful Brian Jones.

2. Gimme Shelter, the American tour of 1969, it catches them recording some of their most classic songs at a sound studio in Memphis, and ends with the famous, but still infamous, Altamont Speedway concert.

3. Cocksucker Blues (1972) a film the Stones refused (and still do refuse) to recognize, controlling it through a court order allowing viewing of it only once per year with the director, Robert Frank, present. You can't buy this movie anywhere, but there are now bootleg copies on the Internet, and this is one of them! It is a first person hand camera view of their decadent early 70's STP (Stones Touring Party). Apart from the title there are some scenes that are disturbing, but it does detail the excess and hedonism of the 1970's arena rock era.

4. Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones. (1974) In order to counter the bad publicity of their private lifestyles exposed in Cocksucker Blues (and to make a few bucks, this was an early music "investment" for stock brokers, something no one did until David Bowie allowed his songbook to be exploited by an investment firm in the 90's! Here the Stones organized and facilitated recorded concert footage but offered no open free backstage pass as they had to the creators of Cocksucker Blues. It was quite the sound engineering feat, as the "quadrophonic" showing of the film required a sound system capable of generating 3300 Watts RMS, so film's soundtrack had to travel to each venue the film was showing in on a 14 ft truck. It played at 100 dbA and the sound engineers who travelled with the film had to mix the sound based on the expected number of people in each audience in order to achieve the best effect.

5. Crossfire Hurricane: (2012/13) This film was put together to celebrate the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary. It consists of archival footage, with the members of the band each individually commenting on what they remember as the various time frames in the band's history are related.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
6.81 GB
seeders:0
leechers:1
A Rolling Stones Documentary History in Five Films

Screenshots

A Rolling Stones Documentary History in Five Films screenshot