A Member of the Club: Reflections on Life in a Racially Polarized World by Lawrence Otis Graham

seeders: 12
leechers: 3
Added on October 2, 2014 by Moose-chanin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

A Member of the Club: Reflections on Life in a Racially Polarized World by Lawrence Otis Graham (Size: 1.13 MB)
 A Member of the Club - Lawrence Otis Graham.mobi589.72 KB
 A Member of the Club - Lawrence Otis Graham.epub506.14 KB
 Cover.jpg60.23 KB
 metadata.opf2.36 KB

Description

A Member of the Club: Reflections on Life in a Racially Polarized World by Lawrence Otis Graham in epub and mobi formats.

Informed and driven by his experience as an upper-middle-class African American who lives and works in a predominately white environment, provocative author Lawrence Otis Graham offers a unique perspective on the subject of race. An uncompromising work that will challenge the mindset of every reader, Member of the Club is a searching book of essays ranging from examining life as a black Princetonian and corporate lawyer to exploring life as a black busboy at an all white country-club. From New York magazine cover stories Invisible Man and Harlem on My Mind to such new essays as "I Never Dated a White Girl" and "My Dinner with Mister Charlie: A Black Man's Undercover Guide to Dining with Dignity at Ten Top New York Restaurants," Graham challenges racial prejudice among White Americans while demanding greater accountability and self-determination from his peers in black America.
"In Member of the Club. [Graham writes of] heartbreaking ironies and contradictions, indignities and betrayals in the life of an upper-class black man."

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.13 MB
seeders:12
leechers:3
A Member of the Club: Reflections on Life in a Racially Polarized World by Lawrence Otis Graham