Available in versions: 1080p720pBlu-RayHDRiPDVDDVDRipMPEG-4

2001 Seconds (Size: 92.6 MB)
 2001_Seconds.jpg108.8 KB
 2001_Seconds.txt3.07 KB
 2001seconds.avi92.5 MB

Description

http://swith.gazaxian.com/2001seconds.htm
/>
2001: A Space Odyssey is one of the most amazing films ever made. It doesn’t half drag on a bit though. Thats why I tightened it up a bit, cut out the boring parts, made it a little snappier, and altered the sound track.

2001 Seconds is a complete re-edit of Stanley Kubrick’s original Space Odyssey from 141 minutes to 33 minutes 21 seconds.

Editors notes

I did it mainly because it’s a bit of a laugh. There’s no actual reason to why I decided to edit 2001 down to 2001 seconds. I think there were several justifications, but no real reasons.

Firstly; lets not beat around the bush. 2001 isn’t good for a casual watch. If you’re a fidgety bugger like me you start thinking about if there are any ice-cream vans outside or anything after about 20 minutes of Monkeys. I mean, watching all that scene setting is fine for the first watch if geek-core sci-fo’ is your thang, but The Sentinel, the Arthur C Clarke book on which the film was built, was a short story not a huge ponderous epic.

Secondly, I really love the film. When I first watched the scene when Dave Bowman encounters the monolith I was beyond blown away. Somehow, some inconvievable genius had been able to put into vision the process of a shape for a force which has no shape teaching a mere mortal the absolute everything and infinite, then guiding him through his own death to be reborn as that space foetus thing. Fucking awesome. In the edit I’ve cheekily weaved in some stacks from Jeff Minters uniquely cool Neon, a light synthesizer. The stack affectionately known as ‘The Mind Of God’ sits alongside the original slitscan effects wonderfully well I think, and I’ve also used a stack which features a monolith against a pulsating background.

I’ve changed a lot of the music in the edit and messed around an awful lot with the soundtrack. A lot of it I did a little squiffy so I can’t recall the boring details to regale you with. I loved the music in the original film, but as this edit took shape with very little planning it became clear that this was a very ‘MTV generation’ thing to do, so the music is tracks from my own collection which I thought most suitable for each scene. Effort went in to synchronising action with the music, but as my dodgy copy of Premier crashed literally every 10 minutes this was not always that easy. Luckily stoned perseverance overcame the technological inadequacies, and within a weekend I’d edited the entire film down into several 4 minute chunks. The final task was to whack it in Virtual dub and spit the bugger out. It wasn’t until a month later I found out I could compress the audio to make the download a sensible size. This was after all the first go I’d had at video editing. I just figured if I didn’t do it someone else would. Admittedly probably better

It is now that this lighthearted little edit of 2001: A Space Odyssey is offered out for people’s fun and enjoyment. It’s a parody, but also an homage. I hope you enjoy it, but I would recommend a little smoke first perhaps

Mr.Swith

http://swith.gazaxian.com/

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
92.6 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
2001 Seconds

Trailer