(1997) The Verve - Urban Hymns (Japan Release) [FLAC+.cue] {100.XY}

seeders: 7
leechers: 1
Added on April 15, 2013 by DarkAngiein Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

(1997) The Verve - Urban Hymns (Japan Release) [FLAC+.cue] {100.XY} (Size: 616.07 MB)
 JP-Booklet-Front.jpg19.67 MB
 JP-Booklet-Back.jpg18.6 MB
 booklet_06.jpg8.49 MB
 booklet_09.jpg7.88 MB
 booklet_01.jpg7.34 MB
 booklet_07.jpg6.49 MB
 booklet_04.jpg6.35 MB
 booklet_05.jpg6.33 MB
 booklet_02.jpg5.48 MB
 booklet_08.jpg5.38 MB
 03 - The Rolling People.flac48.53 MB
 14 - Come On.flac47.94 MB
 05 - Catching The Butterfly.flac43.95 MB
 01 - Bitter Sweet Symphony.flac40.72 MB
 07 - Space And Time.flac38.01 MB
 08 - Weeping Willow.flac34.98 MB
 12 - Velvet Morning.flac33.87 MB
 04 - The Drugs Don't Work.flac33.83 MB
 09 - Lucky Man.flac33.29 MB
 13 - Lord I Guess I'll Never Know.flac32.57 MB
 10 - One Day.flac31.15 MB
 02 - Sonnet.flac29.05 MB
 11 - This time.flac25.98 MB
 06 - Neon Wilderness.flac15.27 MB
 15 - Deep Freeze.flac11.13 MB
 Spektr.jpg632.4 KB
 The Verve - Urban Hymns.log6.22 KB
 audiochecker.log2.7 KB
 The Verve - Urban Hymns.cue2.2 KB

Description

(1997) The Verve - Urban Hymns (Japan Release)

image Wikipedia:
Urban Hymns is the third studio album by English alternative rock band The Verve, released on 29 September 1997 on Hut Records. It earned nearly unanimous critical praise upon its release, and went on to become the band's best-selling release and one of the biggest selling albums of the year. It is currently ranked the 17th best-selling album in UK chart history.
The Verve had previously released two albums, A Storm in Heaven in 1993 and A Northern Soul in 1995. Neither album had achieved mainstream success, and the band split shortly after their second album due to internal conflicts. Vocalist Richard Ashcroft quickly reformed the group, with Simon Tong, an old friend of the band on guitar, however Ashcroft realised Nick McCabe's unique guitar style was required to complete the true Verve unit and later asked him to return. Tong also remained adding more guitar and keyboard/organ textures, making them a five-piece band and expanding their sound.
The four-piece had already recorded several tracks for the album with Youth as producer, but once McCabe returned they re-recorded several tracks and changed producers to Chris Potter. McCabe said that in the next seven months of work, "... the key tracks were recorded from scratch, but some of them were already there."
The cover photo was taken in Richmond Park, London.

image Amazon Review:
This is one of those timeless albums that you can listen to now (six years after its initial release) and still enjoy it. Each of the songs still sound as fresh as today as they did back in 1997. With this album, the Verve hit a homerun.
I remember I was browsing through a CD store when I first heard "Bittersweet Symphony." It immediately caught my attention, and I stood rooted on the spot just listening. Very few times has an album jolted me like that, but this was one of those times. I asked the clerk who this was and he said that it was from the new album by The Verve. After "Bittersweet" was over, he told me to hold on and listen to "Lucky Man." It was after that I was sold -- I had to buy the album.
On this album, you get 13 little masterpieces -- there's not a filler track in the bunch. Besides the excellent songwriting, the production is outstanding. I haven't heard such a good mix of strings since Tony Visconti's work with T. Rex -- just listen to "Lucky Man," "Bittersweet Symphony," or "Sonnet" for proof.
The only downside is that the group broke up after this -- their finest moment! Of all the dumb luck. While Richard Ashcroft has gone on to do a couple of solo albums, they don't seem to capitalize on what The Verve had done on this album. Yes, he's the voice, the did much of the writing, but as the old saying goes: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Best album of the 1990's? This one, no question about it. After the Britney's, the Justin's, and all the other drivel from that era fades, this will be one of the albums people look back upon fondly.
By James Choma

Genre: Alternative rock, Britpop
Quality: FLAC/tracks+.cue

Tracklist:
01. Bitter Sweet Symphony (5:58)
02. Sonnet (4:21)
03. The Rolling People (7:01)
04. The Drugs Don't Work (5:05)
05. Catching The Butterfly (6:26)
06. Neon Wilderness (2:37)
07. Space And Time (5:36)
08. Weeping Willow (4:50)