seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on May 6, 2005 by in Movies
Torrent verified.

Description

MY NIKIFOR (2004, 97 min.)

dir. Krzysztof Krauze

type: drama/EE arthouse

Krauze's My Nikifor (Mój Nikifor) (2004) is an account of three months in 1960 in the life of Epifan Drowniak aka Nikifor Krynicki (played by Krystyna Feldman), a self-taught genius of primitivism, told from the point of view of Marian Wlosinski (Roman Garncarczyk). Wlosinski sacrifices his own artistic career and family life to care for Nikifor and delivers him to the world. His choice on the matter is, however, limited. Nikifor, who suffers from speech impairment, tuberculosis and practically lives in the street, appears one day in Wlosinski's workshop and announces “I will paint here!” He moves into Wlosinski's life; he claims it; he refuses to leave.

"The setting is the mountain spa resorts of Krynica, the year is 1960. We are in the studio of Marian Wlosinski, which is located along the main pedestrian walk. Nikifor enters and unpacks his painting tools. Wlosinski's life, thus far a calm, regulated one planned to the minutest detail, is suddenly disrupted. Wlosinski tries to rid himself of his intrusive guest. He decides to find Nikifor's family. It turns out that Nikifor lives entirely on his own. Various people have given him shelter, he has no birth certificate. From a legal point of view... he simply does not exist." [...]

"[...] about genius and sacrifice, about the meaning of sacrifice. When we first meet Marian Wlosinski, he is a frustrated artist in a mountain resort, an artist who produces banners, an artist deep in the midst of a creative crisis. He has just been offered a promotion to a responsible position in the cultural department of Krakow's city administration. The fate of painters would be in his hands. He would decide who is an artist and who is not. He would have the opportunity to organize an exhibition of his own works. To the frustrated artist, all this seems very enticing, a Faustian situation. And it was then that Nikifor accidentally entered his life. He walked into Wlosinski's studio for an instant and stayed for seven years. When it turned out that he had open tuberculosis, all in Krynica closed their doors to him, many burned his paintings. Wlosinski remained faithful to the suffering Nikifor, though in those years one placed oneself at great risk by working under the same roof with a consumptive. There was even greater risk involved for Wlosinski, who could communicate the disease to his family. Wlosinski's devotion proved detrimental to his personal life; however, in spite of this, caring for Nikifor transformed Wlosinski, proved the affirming experience in his life. He found his inner peace. He began painting, and painting well. We say that what is given is preserved, while what is kept is ultimately lost. That is the meaning of devotion, sacrifice" (Krzysztof Krauze, director, excerpt from an interview titled "Nikifor niosacy zwyciestwo" / "Nikifor as a Bringer of Triumph").

http://www.culture.pl/en/culture/artykuly/dz_moj_nikifor_krauze

[Movie]

- Name: My Nikifor.(Mój Nikifor.dir.Krzysztof Krauze 2004).XviD.dvdrip.en.subs.BXB.avi

- Length: 01h 35m 57s

[Video]

- Format: PAL

- Orig. Source Aspect Ratio: 16:9

- Display Aspect Ratio: 1.76

- Resolution: 704 x 400

- ColorDepth: 24 bit

- Framerate: 25.000 Frames/Sec

- Codec: Xvid 1.0.3

- Settings: 1 Pass mode, Motion Search Precision=6 (max), VHQ=4(max), Chroma Motion=ON, QP=OFF, GMC=OFF, Lumi Masking=OFF, Quant=H.263

- Bitrate: Avg. 886 kBit/s

[Audio]

- Language: Polish

- Format: MP3

- Channels: 2 Channels (Surround Stereo) downmix from 6 Channel AC3

- SampleRate: 48000 Hz

- Bitrate: 128 kBit/s

- Codec: LAME 3.95.1

- Audio Post-Processing: Normalizing to 97% peak

[Subtitles]

- Format: VobSub

- Language(s): English